Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Sales

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sadly I didn't renew this year. Missed 6 home games last season due to work & family...Paying close to £100 per month (approx) for 1 adult and 1 U10 ticket, travel, food and drink...just couldn't continue to justify it. Will hopefully end up going to a similar amount of games, but no ST.
If we reached the Premier league last season would you have cancelled still with a price hike included?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The main question I ask "are we getting value for money"?
My answer was no for last season with the dour and unexciting style of football on show and the cost of food and drink etc.
Coupled with the transfer saga this year and likely to be even less exciting than last year, if that's possible, myself, my brother, cousin and her husband haven't renewed this year.

If we reached the Premier league this year would you have cancelled still with a price hike included?

Yes, I made my mind up before the playoffs. Had the football been better, maybe I would have argued my case better with OH. But our car died and just couldn't justify the cost anymore. As I said still hope to go to 12+ home games and can now afford to go away as well!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In truth we have a ridiculously high level of season tickets, how many Championship clubs have more than 8k. We are also pretty expensive relatively?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'd be interested to know the figures.

Regretfully I had to give mine up, moved to East London and the journey mid week is too much of a pain. The club will probably make more money from me over the course of the season in individual tickets though.

Same situation here, my sister used my ticket more than me last season. I didn't have to give it up but it was an expense and I wasn't enjoying the games.

I have pretty much lost interest in football but the world cup and the signing of Stockdale almost rekindled it and I had been considering getting another season ticket, however, I was at the game last night and that extinguished any embers that were burning.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Our group of six have given up our prime WSL seats that we've had for the last three years simply down to cost (well cost plus the morons behind us). We've moved round to the North West corner and saved ourselves a combined £1200 - although it looks like we'll now be paying that back for a round of beers.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Had a WSU season for the first 2 years, but the lack of Saturday at 3.00 made my seat too expensive for the number of games watched. So I went to buying tickets for individual games, even though that meant not having a drink/sitting with mates .

I have bought a ticket for the Sheff W game. It's the same seat I had as a season ticket, which is a result (especially as I'm paid to be old so it is now cheaper) but that probably means that whoever took up my old ticket has not renewed.There was a block of three available, as well.

The ground probably won't get sold out or close to it unless the standard of entertainment improves, we challenge for the top two places ................and Hyypia likes the FA cup enough for us to have a little run with the first eleven playing.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sadly I didn't renew this year. Missed 6 home games last season due to work & family...Paying close to £100 per month (approx) for 1 adult and 1 U10 ticket, travel, food and drink...just couldn't continue to justify it. Will hopefully end up going to a similar amount of games, but no ST.

I have renewed for the 4th season in a row now, despite having a 300 mile round trip,..... but..... I will not go any further if we end up for whatever reason, languishing, or stagnating, or just not competing with a touch of entertainment. I will not continue to pay 'top dollar' for mediocre fare,.... however much I will miss the games. I love the pies and the beer, but the travel and the football has been average.

Jan 30, 2008
our group of six have given up our prime wsl seats that we've had for the last three years simply down to cost (well cost plus the morons behind us). We've moved round to the north west corner and saved ourselves a combined £1200 - although it looks like we'll now be paying that back for a round of beers.
morons???
regards
DR

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Same group of us since day one, all renewed, love The Amex, love the whole experience of the day and wouldn't change it for the world.

Beer, mates, Albion and still optimism like every season before.

Jan 30, 2008
I have renewed for the 4th season in a rown now, despite having a 300 mile round trip,..... but..... I will not go any further if we end up for whatever reason, languishing, or stagnating, or just not competeing with a touch of entertainment. I will not continue to pay 'top dollar' for mediocre fare,.... however much I will miss the games. I love the pies and the beer, but the travel and the football has been average.
AFTER A FEW GAMES YOU DON'T MISS IT ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE STILL SAY IT'S RUBBISH and not VFM, until i hear of exciting football I'M STILL OUT
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Same group of us since day one, all renewed, love The Amex, love the whole experience of the day and wouldn't change it for the world.

fair play sounds like you all go to the game holding hands :lolol: , JUST ASKING .........WHAT IS IT YOU ACTUALLY ENJOY the football ??? AFTER ALL THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT AT THE END OF THE DAY.
regards
DR

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I sadly had to cancel my season ticket for the coming season having had one for the past five years. The reason for this was that I no longer qualify for an under 18 ticket and to upgrade to adult I am finding myself paying more than double the price. It is odd that there is no student rate considering there is a university next door - a massive pool of potential customers for the club. As much as I would like to I cannot justify paying £500 to watch football, as a student who is starting university and who's loan doesn't even cover student housing let alone living costs!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It is not the cancellers that made me get a season ticket for the first time this year, but someone died and my chosen seat became available.

I am not as despondent as a lot of the regulars. I think we have some good players and the ones we got rid of were not quite good enough. It does hinge on getting a left back and I think we need another centre half straight away. Not so worried about the striker because Lualua is looking good.

I think non-renewers are making a mistake.

PS: I think they should cut "Hey Jude" out of the opening music.

I can understand that anybody on the West Coastway journey train journey finds the last part of the trip home a bit too much to bear. It is the final wait Brighton for the connecting train that is the final straw for some.

The two Fulham games are not to be missed.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

100% agree. Can't believe some of the negativity on here. We waited for so many years for our stadium and people moan because a pint has gone up by 30p,that it can take a while to get home on the train and that we aren't winning every game 6-0.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BHAFC take their fan base for granted at their Peril. I think the real number of st renewals will be below 20000 and of those some will miss games. Unless we hit the ground running those extra 8000 tickets on matchdays are going to be impossible to shift so although the declared gates will probably be 24000 or so next season in reality under 20000 will be in the ground and that will become clear with the number of empty seats. After the absolute horsecrap served up for most of last season and with the dessimation of the squad, sale of all our best players and uninspiring repaclements if replacements at all, it seems the club is going in the wrong direction very fast, sad but there we are

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
BHAFC take their fan base for granted at their Peril. I think the real number of st renewals will be below 20000 and of those some will miss games. Unless we hit the ground running those extra 8000 tickets on matchdays are going to be impossible to shift so although the declared gates will probably be 24000 or so next season in reality under 20000 will be in the ground and that will become clear with the number of empty seats. After the absolute horsecrap served up for most of last season and with the dessimation of the squad, sale of all our best players and uninspiring repaclements if replacements at all, it seems the club is going in the wrong direction very fast, sad but there we are

[yt]y6Sxv-sUYtM[/yt]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are the 1901'ers tied in to the deal for five years? Thought I read that was the case when the Amex opened. Might be wrong. If it is the case, might be interesting when it comes time to tie them in for a further period, especially in light of the continuing complaints about over-priced not very good food and the newly-announced Bennett's field parking restrictions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here