Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Gerrard and Liverpool.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
An outstanding player who has shown true loyalty to his native club. An emotional day for him, remembering a relative who lost their life. Brendan Rogers, a very bright and forward thinking manager. Not a manufactured club like City or Chelsea. Hope they win it, if only for the pure quality football they have played this season. If you can't respect and enjoy what they have done, then you can't all yourself a fan of football IMHO.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
massive amount of respect for Gerrard today. showed the passion and emotion that is more often than not lacking in professional footballers these days. the huddle might have been cheesy, but he was doing a captain's job imploring his team to remain focused on the games to come. finally, a few minutes later, he conducted an eloquent and humorous TV interview. don't think anyone 'deserves' a champion's medal but i certainly hope he gets one.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
massive amount of respect for Gerrard today. showed the passion and emotion that is more often than not lacking in professional footballers these days. the huddle might have been cheesy, but he was doing a captain's job imploring his team to remain focused on the games to come. finally, a few minutes later, he conducted an eloquent and humorous TV interview. don't think anyone 'deserves' a champion's medal but i certainly hope he gets one.

Liked the way he said 'i will leave it to Nevillve and Redknapp to decide who will win it' Nice one.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
When we played Liverpool in the league cup at the Amex and everyone was cheering and applauding him. Now that was cringe central. We came to support Brighton not cheer the Liverpool captain. :ffsparr:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Didn't think it was cheesy - lots of teams do it after a big win, they just don't have the Sky cameras breathing down their necks. I would love to see Steven Gerrard lift the Premier League trophy. He's carried that team for years and now they finally have a decent squad around him, he deserves everything he gets.

My only criticism is that he didn't punch Geoff Shreeves in the face. You couldn't come up with more ridiculous questions if you tried. What a tosspot

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I too will be happy for Gerrard to win the league. He is one of very few players who has stayed loyal to his club , when he had offers of more money and more potential to win medals. Even when liverpool were finishing around mid table he stayed loyal. You dont really see that nowadays

Like to see him win a pl medal but you seemed to forget he almost signed for Chelsea a few years back and then Liverpool offered him a big wage increase to stay.good player- yes,loyal- no

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Like to see him win a pl medal but you seemed to forget he almost signed for Chelsea a few years back and then Liverpool offered him a big wage increase to stay.good player- yes,loyal- no

Indeed, how dare someone consider trying to better themselves and test themselves at the highest level of their profession. People should just get one job and stay in it forever, and never even consider moving on to further their career.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
How much does the great noble Steven Gerrard take a week off Liverpool in wages?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Except he didn't leave in the end because he said if he won the prem with Chelsea it wouldn't mean the same as winning it with L'pool. No harm in exploring other opporunities IMO, but the important thing in the end is that he didn't/couldn't leanr Anfield. Loyal .... Absolutely

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm. There are plenty of rumours as to why Steven Gerrard didn't leave Liverpool back when Chelsea made their move. I'm not sure money is at the top of the list...

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Hmmm. There are plenty of rumours as to why Steven Gerrard didn't leave Liverpool back when Chelsea made their move. I'm not sure money is at the top of the list...

Yep, as i mentioned on this thread yesterday he felt intimidated and stayed as a result of this. Pure and simple. All this loyalty talk is BS. Burning effergies etc.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Yep, as i mentioned on this thread yesterday he felt intimidated and stayed as a result of this. Pure and simple. All this loyalty talk is BS. Burning effergies etc.

That thread from yesterday is comedy gold - ''He wasn't going to leave it was an admin mix up''

Facking Hell

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here