Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Lewis Dunk abusing the ref?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
So let me just get this right.

So you wrote a sexist comment on a thread which wasnt about sexism at all to make people talk about sexism instead of the original issue even though no one was talking about sexism to start with and were only discussing the original issue before you were sexist......and all of this was to show that the original discussion was more important than sexism which no one waa discussing.

Makes sense.

And numerous boring posts later, you still concentrate on the sexist comments, rather than the more serious comments made. See where your priorities lay and what's more important in your eyes. You could get back on track and reply to the other comments made, but no doubt you will continue to focus on the casual sexism rather than violence towards referees debate. Why? Because no doubt its more important to you as it clearly is judging by your constant replies. Fair enough.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
As I replied to her on twitter, the ref was obviously blind to the offside for their second 'goal' and deaf to whatever Dunky shouted !

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
And numerous boring posts later, you still concentrate on the sexist comments, rather than the more serious comments made. See where your priorities lay and what's more important in your eyes. You could get back on track and reply to the other comments made, but no doubt you will continue to focus on the casual sexism rather than violence towards referees debate. Why? Because no doubt its more important to you as it clearly is judging by your constant replies. Fair enough.

Just to clarify, I don't think Lewis Dunk swearing at Cardiff players (but someone incorrectly thinking he was swearing at the ref) is as serious as blatent continuous sexism.

Thats my order of priorities. Maybe I'm crazy.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Meanwhile just outside of Lewis

Vzvkbp.gif

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I actually think she’s been out of order here because after WRONGLY accusing Dunk of swearing at the ref, she then retweets links and comments regarding physical abuse of a referee and abuse of refs in kids football, basically linking Dunk with that.

She should apologise or delete the original tweet as it’s really not fair on Dunk.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I actually think she’s been out of order here because after WRONGLY accusing Dunk of swearing at the ref, she then retweets links and comments regarding physical abuse of a referee and abuse of refs in kids football, basically linking Dunk with that.

She should apologise or delete the original tweet as it’s really not fair on Dunk.

I've already asked her to retract or delete her tweet. I've also linked the second picture to several of those people who want the FA to retrospectively ban him.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
She really is an appalling commentator.

When we played Everton away I was listening to 5 Live, with the main commentary being from another game (I forget which). During a break in play, the commentator said:

"Let's go around the grounds. Jacqui - what's the latest at Goodison?"

"It's still Everton one, Watford nil" was her insightful response.

I know we all have issues with how various commentators read the game and reflect it in their commentary, but there is a base level of competency I expect - one of which is knowing which two teams are actually playing.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't generalise? On NSC? You'll be lucky. EVERYBODY on here just loves to generalise! ;-)

Bollocks. None of us do. Fact.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because I knew the fairies on NSC would jump on the sexism and ignore the issue, as you have done as well. I have made plenty of serious comments since, but you STILL choose to focus on the cliche sexist comments. :wanker:

Listen to yourself, you start the issue of sexism with your own post, then start having a go at posters who had already started discussing the actual issue before you got involved, then you start throwing insults when you're the one who has knowingly looked to derailed it. You really are a prize plonker.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Listen to yourself, you start the issue of sexism with your own post, then start having a go at posters who had already started discussing the actual issue before you got involved, then you start throwing insults when you're the one who has knowingly looked to derailed it. You really are a prize plonker.

He's a prize plonker who won't be posting on this thread again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dunky acting on behalf of all Albion fans - esp if it was aimed at the ref. Don’t feel this deserves the air time it’s getting on here tbh. Not a dig at you OP but Jac is being very silly here - this happens in every game unfortunately... aimed at ref or not...

Incidentally, I’ve made this point on here before but this is one issue that is completely (and I mean completely) different in grassroots football to professional.. if you swore at a ref like that in any Sunday / county / lower grassroots league game I reckon you’re 90% getting sent off - in pro football it is never punished unless it goes to particularly personal abuse... Rooney would have been sent off every game in Park football!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I'm a woman and have told her she's got it wrong.

Don't generalise.

I was surprised that I only caught one [MENTION=20845]Bridcutt[/MENTION] who thinks it is acceptable to verbally abuse me. Thought it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

For all those children who think the world did not start before they were born, this was some comedy where the quote was taken from.

https://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here