Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion U23 v Everton U23 Amex elite performance centre 7pm

Jul 7, 2003
Went to the game tonight, first time I have watched the development squad. I thought Sanders looked good and he was always wanting the ball.

Really interesting thing for me was the different managerial styles. Our lot were generally quiet and let the players get on with the game. David Unsworth was the Everton manager and shouted through the 90 minutes at his team and the officials.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On September 8 he posted on instagram "Working hard. Counting down the days. Getting ready for 2019" which would seem to indicate that he won't be back until the new year.

He last played on November 18 2017. :down:

Bloody hell! That's one hell of a bit of a knock!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Bloody hell! That's one hell of a bit of a knock!

Must be just about the worst part of a young footballer's career. Unfortunately, Molumby isn't the only Albion lad currently going through it. First-year scholar Kipras Kazukolovas did his ACL in only his THIRD appearance for the U-18s last September (2017) which required surgery. He was almost through the expected recuperation period when he found out in May that he would require a second surgery and essentially have to go through the whole process again.

Then there is Jordan Araujo; the Canadian suffered an injury that kept him out for almost three months around the turn of the year. In only his second match back for the U-18s, in early April, he did his ACL and MCL and is likely to be out for a year.

And, of course, Soufyan Ahannach suffered a double leg fracture playing on loan for Sparta Rotterdam in April; I have heard nothing from the club (or anywhere else) about his recovery.

All of these young players have moved abroad in pursuit of a dream and then they have to deal with potentially career-ending or changing injuries; I feel for them.

Thankfully first-year scholar Teddy Jenks returned to action a month ago after being out since late November.

I know the potential rewards of a long career in the game at the highest level can be tremendous, but there are many who fall by the wayside and see their dreams shattered in the process.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
An observation on Everton’s 2nd goal. Everton had 3 defenders back plus their keeper. We had everyone back so excluding the Everton corner taker and our keeper we had 10 “marking” 6, yet the guy smashed the ball in unopposed from 12 yards.

Why don’t we ever leave a player up when we are defending a corner?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well, that was a shame wasn't it? Dominated vast swathes of the game and Everton scored with pretty much their only two shots.

Connelly always gets a goal.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Went to the game tonight, first time I have watched the development squad. I thought Sanders looked good and he was always wanting the ball.

Really interesting thing for me was the different managerial styles. Our lot were generally quiet and let the players get on with the game. David Unsworth was the Everton manager and shouted through the 90 minutes at his team and the officials.

Believe me Rusk is normally vocal

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Connelly always gets a goal.

Connelly is a bit spesh though.

If he's that ****ing special, can't you take a few seconds to get his name right?

Are people deliberately spelling his name incorrectly now just to wind me up? :shrug:

It's Connolly, that's C-O-N-N-O-L-L-Y. The only vowel in his surname is O. There isn't an E to be found.

I think I've discovered my "hill", [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] - What is the smallest hill on which your prepared to die?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West

Totally agree. Max Saunders played the ‘Dale Stephens role’ very well. Always made himself available and kept the ball moving. Not the biggest and tallest of players (yet), I guess over the next couple of years he will fill out. Massive talent.

Impressed with the pace and intensity of the game throughout, both teams got the ball down and played football. Everton certainly didn’t do enough to win the game. Thought the Everton RB - Kyle John was a decent little player - in the mould of Seamus Coleman.

Anyone know what Schelotto has said and done?! He can’t even get a run out for the U23’s!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Totally agree. Max Saunders played the ‘Dale Stephens role’ very well. Always made himself available and kept the ball moving. Not the biggest and tallest of players (yet), I guess over the next couple of years he will fill out. Massive talent.

Impressed with the pace and intensity of the game throughout, both teams got the ball down and played football. Everton certainly didn’t do enough to win the game. Thought the Everton RB - Kyle John was a decent little player - in the mould of Seamus Coleman.

Anyone know what Schelotto has said and done?! He can’t even get a run out for the U23’s!

Have you done 'that' deliberately ?

AZ Gull will be incandescent with rage when he sees 'that'...!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If he's that ****ing special, can't you take a few seconds to get his name right?

Are people deliberately spelling his name incorrectly now just to wind me up? :shrug:

It's Connolly, that's C-O-N-N-O-L-L-Y. The only vowel in his surname is O. There isn't an E to be found.

I think I've discovered my "hill", [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] - What is the smallest hill on which your prepared to die?

Keep reacting like that and you can expect misspellings galore from resident wums. I'm tempted myself.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Where’s the best place to see the upcoming U23 fixtures and venues?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Oh well, as long as Houghton gets it right when he finally calls him up to warm the bench............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here