Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] OT Cat Shit

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
How many cats in the neighbouring houses do you have? My 2 immediate neighbours had 16 between them at one stage !! I was forever picking up crap out the garden and throwing it over the fence. I tried the usual pepper, high pitched noise thing, auto water soaker. None of it worked ....

We are now down to about 7 of the neighbours cats and 1 of my own now. Mine decided to crap in my tomato plants this year :tantrum:

I now just live with cat crap as i have decided if a cats gonna do it not much will stop it.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I have tried something similar, albeit a cheaper version and it worked temporarily. I found I was changing the batteries frequently and the kids would set it off constantly, maybe a higher end model would be better.

I have charged my batteries only once in 15 months. The rechargeable batteries work well on only a few hours' solar charge each day, and seem to retain their charge very well even on overcast or rainy days. To avoid it being set off by passers by I placed it at the front of the border in which the cats leave their litter facing away from the house with the 180 degree sensor hence covering the entire border. It has worked extremely well on that basis. It's quite expensive but has done a fantastic job and I no longer have to get out the garden gloves and "special" trowel to dispose of cat mess!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have tried something similar, albeit a cheaper version and it worked temporarily. I found I was changing the batteries frequently and the kids would set it off constantly, maybe a higher end model would be better.

Buy rechargable batteries. Works a treat. But the cats do move to other bits of the lawn so it is a long war. Also the batteries need recharging every few days.

We have a fox visiting presently so the cats have buggered off.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cat lovers say 'get a cat, it will keep other cats away and it won't shit on your lawn'. To me that is a bit like the loony solution to gun crime in America - arm all the citizens.

Cats are for keeping down vermin in farms. Othewise.....:shrug:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I am fed up of having to clean cat shit from my garden, I have enough shit to deal with without having to clean up after other peoples cats. I have three young kids, the eldest knows better but my 20 month year old twins are none the wiser to going near it.

Has any one successfully prevented cats from shitting in their gardens, if so how?

Pepper... scatter pepper over your lawn and when they put their arse on the grass they suffer with an uncomfortable itch for a while after. Doesn't take long for them to shit elsewhere.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Plant a berberis hedge.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lion Shit

Is this real? Im also having cat shite issues.

I hate them

It can work but in reality you actually need one of these :

Lion.jpg

Cat's hate bigger cats. I will concede that it might cause you different problems !

SAC

May 21, 2014
We have way more problems with foxes shitting in our garden than cats. The foxes like to shit anywhere, on the grass or on the path, whilst cats tend to shit in the flower beds.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Dickheads that say stuff like "shoot it with an air rifle" are the reason I keep my cat indoors.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If owners trained their cats, used cat litters and cleared up their own cat shit on a daily basis we wouldn’t have anywhere near as many problems with cats shitting in their neighbour’s gardens. But most are too lazy or don’t care.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I hate cats, and i hate cat owners. Cat shit in people gardens is a constant, disgusting problem and all you ever get from cat owners is 'but we cant change it, it's their nature'. Well keep the feckers indoors and keep their foul stinking shit in your own house and not messing up the living areas of others. Keep the vile disease spreading filth in you own space!

Why should non-cat owners have to put up with it, or why should we fork out money to try (in vain) to keep the stinking shit out of our gardens. At the very least you could at least pay for repellers that you expect us all to be happy to use because of your rancid creatures. Cat shit is seriously dangerous, especially to young kids. But it's not your problem is it!!! No, of course it's not you selfish ********!

But the ickle wickle kitties are soooo cuuuute!!! :annoyed:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Our next door neighbour has loads of cats who leave their litter everywhere. Our garden was a favourite “dumping ground” of theirs so in an attempt to combat them I bought a solar powered sonic repeller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072R6JTSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s not cheap but it is incredibly effective. After only 2 days the cat littering stopped, and we’ve only had one or two “incidents” now in over a year. It has 180 degree coverage and variable frequency settings to cover a whole range of animals you may wish to deter from fouling your garden. Just make sure you don’t cover its sensor with plants etc which limits its effectiveness.

can you set it on giraffe and if so does it work ...??

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Put down cat food. Catch cat. Drive cat to an away game. Release cat.

If you are a good fan you could get rid of 18 cats per season.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Put down cat food. Catch cat. Drive cat to an away game. Release cat.

If you are a good fan you could get rid of 18 cats per season.

If every single travelling Brighton fan took four hundred cats per game we'd be there by about 2043...

I'm still laughing at the "well, if you want to stop cat shit in your garden - get a cat" post. Classic.

Even better, throwing bits of Lion turd everywhere...

"So sir, you don't want any shit your garden, eh? Here, let me take some money from you to add insult to injury.. and give you some shit to throw in your garden." :shrug:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I was looking for a cat deterent at the weekend, but for a different reason. We have a bird table etc and like to attract birds in to the garden. But we have a couple of cats that sit under a certain tree undercover, and I think the birds have twigged and aren't coming as much. So i just want something that I can put under the tree so they won't sit there. I was thinking of the frequency thingies, but does anyone know if they also deter birds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here