Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Unless you think it's going to change what is obviously a security based decision in favour of 0.005% of people having a cheap cuppa, you shouldn't. But then why are you disputing my posts and carrying on one of the worst threads in NSC's history?

Because I can.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Unless you think it's going to change what is obviously a security based decision in favour of 0.005% of people having a cheap cuppa, you shouldn't. But then why are you disputing my posts and carrying on one of the worst threads in NSC's history?

Why do you keep contributing to 'one of the worst threads in NSC history'? That comment is another ridiculous comment along with the claim that no-one in the West Upper can possibly be taking a flask in because you haven't seen them. You complain about the moaning but it's you who are moaning. I don't contribute to the horse racing thread as I absolutely hate that so called 'sport' and it would serve no-one any purpose so what's the point. It seems strange that you are so anti flask and particularity sad that you don't think of the elderly more who will be disproportionately affected by the ban.

And without any reasoned evidence, I personally don't think that the ban is a safety issue but that it's about stopping people coming in with alcohol from home.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Couldn’t find much evidence of a specific threat in relation to our beloved hot drink containers, but there are one or two (old) articles about suggesting there is at least some risk from a thermos. Probably far-fetched, but it just could be that the club have received updated info from security advisers and are taking a very cautious approach........if this is the case pretty sure they wouldn’t detail this other than, as they have said, it’s ‘security’. Obviously won’t stop the outraged from being permanently outraged..........

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-tournament-over-fears-of-terror-9561508.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/thermos-flask-bomb-found-in-raid-6328042.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/loy...and-plans-further-attacks-in-republic-1.76106

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Well I could do without multiple posts insisting its a move by the club to sell more tea, or even a over zealous crackdown on illicit smuggling of alcohol. Clearly nonsense .And there's been a lot of conflation with the rightful reminder to fans not to bring in or eat food/drink to lounges and restaurants (well Doh!) . On the other hand although it impacts on handfuls of fans (disclosure: i've taken a flask to the WSU about 6 times in the last few years so will miss it a bit) - its not trivial, or silly or embarrassing a subject..

There's an interesting debate here though, even if you don't have a flask or give two hoots about bringing in spicy hot chocolate - i can recommend some ginger, chilli and nutmeg in mine - about the security of fans especially older ones, the measures imposed to ensure that, and the balance between 'normality" and ensuring our safety but its been buried in amidst the guff. Such is (sometimes) the NSC way . And the club have definitely been a bit clumsy communicating this and why. Perhaps there's security reasons for not revealing too much but justifying this issue has been quite heavy handed.

As for what this thread tells us then not sure we ever measured importance of an issue by the # of pages on a NSC thread and its definitely not one of NSC "worst" - hardly - , And surely it is possible to be on a high about Man Utd, and our performance on Saturday and all manner of perhaps more important Albion matters and care about these issues too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why do you keep contributing to 'one of the worst threads in NSC history'? That comment is another ridiculous comment along with the claim that no-one in the West Upper can possibly be taking a flask in because you haven't seen them. You complain about the moaning but it's you who are moaning. I don't contribute to the horse racing thread as I absolutely hate that so called 'sport' and it would serve no-one any purpose so what's the point. It seems strange that you are so anti flask and particularity sad that you don't think of the elderly more who will be disproportionately affected by the ban.

And without any reasoned evidence, I personally don't think that the ban is a safety issue but that it's about stopping people coming in with alcohol from home.

:O

I worked with a Fulham supporter 20 years ago. Just before Fayed bought the club and appointed Micky Adams who started the rush to glory, he had a massive coronary and died. Consider that when you denigrate lengthy pontifction about **** all. Sometimes **** all is all we have to pontificate about.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the Fulham game and will buy refreshments if I feel the need to be refreshed. My flask and fishing rod will remain at home....

Cracking thread, this :mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I could do without multiple posts insisting its a move by the club to sell more tea, or even a over zealous crackdown on illicit smuggling of alcohol. Clearly nonsense .And there's been a lot of conflation with the rightful reminder to fans not to bring in or eat food/drink to lounges and restaurants (well Doh!) . On the other hand although it impacts on handfuls of fans (disclosure: i've taken a flask to the WSU about 6 times in the last few years so will miss it a bit) - its not trivial, or silly or embarrassing a subject..

There's an interesting debate here though, even if you don't have a flask or give two hoots about bringing in spicy hot chocolate - i can recommend some ginger, chilli and nutmeg in mine - about the security of fans especially older ones, the measures imposed to ensure that, and the balance between 'normality" and ensuring our safety but its been buried in amidst the guff. Such is (sometimes) the NSC way . And the club have definitely been a bit clumsy communicating this and why. Perhaps there's security reasons for not revealing too much but justifying this issue has been quite heavy handed.

As for what this thread tells us then not sure we ever measured importance of an issue by the # of pages on a NSC thread and its definitely not one of NSC "worst" - hardly - , And surely it is possible to be on a high about Man Utd, and our performance on Saturday and all manner of perhaps more important Albion matters and care about these issues too.

That said, if I get roughed up in any way, I'm off to the county league, with a nose full of marching powder and an arm full of heroin. And I'll swing for the lot of you.

Or something.

:wozza::flounce::guns:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't take a flask but this is a long long held tradition and should not be taken away, so I've signed it. Plus I might want to take one in about 10 years time!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry didn't see your post.
I don't have an electric kettle so I would need to take my gas cooker in with me and wait for the kettle to whistle.
Am I allowed to do that?

Fairly sure, yes ;-)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Much as I regret not beimg able take flasks ( or glass bottles ) into the stadium, everyone knows that one cannot take hard objects to football. I would not want to see a ,linesman or player struck on the head by one... thrown by a fan in the heat of the moment

Has anyone, in the history of the world, ever been hit by a flying flask at football ? I've never heard of it.

My dad (78) has routinely taken a flask of coffee along with him for donkeys years, particularly in the winter months. To say he is pissed off about this would be an understatement.

I'm at a stage now when I just wearily roll my eyes at this type of bollocks. In terms of finances, being as its been established that Premier League clubs don't actually need anyone to turn up to games any more, perhaps they should just ban all FANS from the stadiums from now on. We can all just watch on our TV's at home, and everyone will be safe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anyone, in the history of the world, ever been hit by a flying flask at football ? I've never heard of it.

My dad (78) has routinely taken a flask of coffee along with him for donkeys years, particularly in the winter months. To say he is pissed off about this would be an understatement.

I'm at a stage now when I just wearily roll my eyes at this type of bollocks. In terms of finances, being as its been established that Premier League clubs don't actually need anyone to turn up to games any more, perhaps they should just ban all FANS from the stadiums from now on. We can all just watch on our TV's at home, and everyone will be safe.

A lad near us threw his bottle of coke at goal celebrating visiting players, in front of the family stand.

I doubt he wouldn't have thrown his own flask, perhaps the club should sell fizzy pop by the handful.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That is not the issue. The issue is about explosive devices, which could detonate when opened ( ie stewards sniffing the contents for alcohol etc. )

Whether you believe this threat is worth a flask ban is a matter of opinion.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well I could do without multiple posts insisting its a move by the club to sell more tea, or even a over zealous crackdown on illicit smuggling of alcohol. Clearly nonsense .

That is not 'clearly nonsense' to me I have been tacitly told by two stewards that this is the case. I am open to the possibility that they are mistaken but something has led them to believe that.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
That is not 'clearly nonsense' to me I have been tacitly told by two stewards that this is the case. I am open to the possibility that they are mistaken but something has led them to believe that.
This thread sums up everything wrong with people these days.

Can you not read between the lines. We was told at the start of the season to be more vigilant for terror threats. We are now search every game at the Amex and very ground around the country.

The club then bans flasks for security reasons, and everyone goes in meltdown because they can't go 120 minutes without a cup of tea!!!

What would happen if an attack happened and there was intell. How many on this thread would go into meltdown at the club for not warning us.

What is the club allowed white over 50s to bring in flasks, but anyone with dark skin were banned!!! Again, hysteria.

Do you want stewards telling people its because on heighten security or terror alerts, and that it may because of acid or bomb threats. That would go down well in front of the kids wouldn't it.

SO lets just trust the club on this one, and stop these embarrassing threads. If only so much energy was put into real issues then this world would be a much nicer place.

138 signatures on the petition. Says it all.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here