Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dare we dream.......

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Seriously tough this season. All the big boys will improve this year- Arsenal massively you'd think. Everton can't start as badly. Wolves look VERY strong.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
As much as I’m buzzing about the new season, our goal has to remain survival for now. Is that the limit of what this squad (+ 1 more CB) is capable of? I don’t believe so, but the primary objective has to be to consolidate our top flight status to ensure long term sustainability. What our Tony deserves after all he’s done for us :albion2:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The other thing is (serious downer alert) that we have VERY little idea how any of these new boys will do. Andone hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
CH has got to get the players to gel. Hope the new influx have been recruited for attitude as well as skill, cause team spirit is what we have been about for 3/4 seasons now. On paper looks fantastic, just need to see what we look like on grass. Excited. Can't wait.

D

Deleted member 18477

Fulham signing Seri and Schurrle
Wolves going Bananas
West Ham can’t be as bad as last season - 6 points again?
Saints surely can’t be as bad?
Palace won’t start as badly as last season

on the flip side

Cardiff - unknown
Burnley with possible Europa league
Watford...
Newcastle have a tough start
Hudds...
Bournemouth...

Going to be a hard season, enjoy the ride, we don’t have the easiest of starts... first game v Watford is a BIG one. Need to avoid defeat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I still think it is going to be a tough season. But I'm confident the club have done everything they can, within our limits, to make things competitive.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I’m wondering if the lizzard is onto something.

At a guess, there might be some serious software in use, your purchases are pretty much under the radar of the British Media, yet mostly they’ve matched or exceeded expectations.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I’m wondering if the lizzard is onto something.

At a guess, there might be some serious software in use, your purchases are pretty much under the radar of the British Media, yet mostly they’ve matched or exceeded expectations.
Bloom has three major traits as a chairman that should be givens but stand him apart...
1. He is passionately attached to the club he runs
2. He is meticulous in how he spends his money
3. He values his money and expects gains from everything he spends (except his incredibly generous gesture of building us a stadium)

Whatever systems he uses, and whichever experts he is using, there seems to be a seriously focussed process in place- I think all Albion supporters now feel that every single penny spent, every transfer and every financial decision, is based on making our club the best and most successful it can be.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Outside of Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Tottenham and perhaps Everton- everyone after that is just after survival, anything after that is a bonus.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes we can dream, problem is that there doesn't seem to be any formula to stabilise in and around those positions (7th-10th). The difference between us finishing 8th and 18th won't be a whole lot.

Which is a good thing mind, the table should shift around every year to keep things interesting, just a sad state of affairs with the conglomerates at the top who have used their greed over many years to facilitate an absurd gap in competitiveness at the very top.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Apart from moutinho on what basis do wolves look strong ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for a start they’ve got powerful hind legs and big gnashers

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here