Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some little Leicester scrot on Twitter is claiming they came in with a late bid and that he’s had a medical for them this morning in London. He claims the Dr who did the medical is a friend of his Dad’s mate and is called Dave Rennie.

9d5f4fb31505df95095ee72c5763728e.png

Anyone able to pour scorn on this before we all have to change our underwear again?!

Yes I know he’s about twelve and only has 44 followers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to come up with a random Doctor's name at short notice, my brain would probably go with something like Dr Rennie or Dr Gaviscon too.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Any chance we can sign this Diego Reyes today and fly him in? I fancy another afternoon watching flight radar infront of the pc rather than sunbathing...its too hot!

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Some little Leicester scrot on Twitter is claiming they came in with a late bid and that he’s had a medical for them this morning in London. He claims the Dr who did the medical is a friend of his Dad’s mate and is called Dave Rennie.

Anyone able to pour scorn on this before we all have to change our underwear again?!

I agree with [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] - absolute rubbish. Rennie is a physio at Leicester (according to his twitter account) - a medical of this magnitude is way over his head. Look at the rigorous way in which we go about conducting medicals with prospective players. No way he'd have the formal training for that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

He was spotted in Brighton at 9am today. He’d have done very well to get any form of transport to London and tube/taxi to the clinic (Harley Street??) in time to have completed a medical by 11-15.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Delay caused by Percy’s medical at AZ....

You don't know when to walk away, do you?!

So far, on this thread, @seagullwedgee has said:

Was at the training ground Monday morning - Nope
Had 80% of medical Monday - Nope
Leicester had spoiled the party on Monday - Nope
Spent Monday night in the UK - Nope
Transfer was embargoed - Nope
Announced at 9.30 - Nope x2

So, he's been consistent at least.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I remember when PB said we’re very confident that if we get a player in the gates and show them around the training facility and the vision we have , we’ll sign them!

I have no doubt this is still as true today!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I agree with [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] - absolute rubbish. Rennie is a physio at Leicester (according to his twitter account) - a medical of this magnitude is way over his head. Look at the rigorous way in which we go about conducting medicals with prospective players. No way he'd have the formal training for that.

There are multiple parts to a medical, I would expect a head physio would get involved at some stages. Obviously there will be the involvement of club dr's etc.

This is a pretty good guide to what goes on. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30269991

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Yes. It's rubbish.
Some kid desperate for attention.

True, just all adds to the spice!

Think it's more likely to be Uriah Rennie.

Quality.

Dave Rennie is the name of the head physio at Leicester, wouldn't he more than likely be in Austria with the team on their traning camp?

Even his fellow Leicester fans don't believe him

[tweet]1022071721715630080[/tweet]

Dave Rennie is Leicester's head physio, but is apparently with the club on tour...

View attachment 99128

It’s all feasible. Scrot he may be but kudos for bothering to actually get the names right!

If I had to come up with a random Doctor's name at short notice, my brain would probably go with something like Dr Rennie or Dr Gaviscon too.

He’s missed a trick here; id go with DR Congo.

He might get final sign off. Sport science is a far cry from running on with a bucket and cold sponge as it was back in the day.

He was spotted in Brighton at 9am today. He’d have done very well to get any form of transport to London and tube/taxi to the clinic (Harley Street??) in time to have completed a medical by 11-15.

Could have coptered him in to Battersea in half an hour then uber to Harley St? Annoying as if I’d have know I would have gone and loitered - it’s about five minutes walk from the office.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IF he does sign I’ll be interested to hear what he has to say about why he chose us, I am guessing Leicester would have offered bigger wages?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There does seem to be an unnecessary delay seeing as he had the medical in Hove yesterday. Feeling slightly nervous.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Got the feeling this is IMMINENT!

Hope so - with the plane spotting/medical centre spotting yesterday, it was all heading for a massive crescendo last night with Ali holding aloft the shirt. But we've all had a nap since, it's a new day, and we need to now build up another crescendo!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Bear in mind that there are many thousands of Albion supporters who don’t waste hours of their lives on NSC like you and I do.[/QUOTE]

.???? Are you In The Know about this??? Those poor half alive b*stards, can you really imagine there's THOUSANDS of them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here