Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Groves vs Eubank

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
As I've said earlier, everyone outside Brighton hate the Eubank's. A lot inside too to be fair.
I remember in '91, I was on HMS Fearless when Chris Snr fought Watson. Everone on board knew I was a Brighton nut & obviously I was giving it large about Eubank, so the time came for me to put my money where my mouth was. I had a tenner with everyone in my mess, there were 36 of us, so I was in trouble if he lost. No digital TV in those days, but the Captain was a big fight fan, so we closed to the South West coast, just off Portland, to get a TV signal. Well, the signal was very in & out, which is very frustrating when you're trying to keep up with what's going on by the second!
Anyway, I was copping all the usual anti Brighton abuse,as you can imagine. Watson was ahead on points coming in to Round 11, then Watson puts Eubank down, just as we lose the picture. The lads were going mental, I was getting pelters. Then, the picture came back. Watson was down, Eubank was doing his pose, & the ref stopped the fight early in the 12th. I got pummeled by the lads, but everyone eventually paid up. Scenes!
Come on Chris Jr; shut up all the Brighton haters, again!

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Trying to buy the fight on ITV Box Office is ridiculously complicated compared to Sky Box Office.
I still can’t figure out if I can watch it on my TV rather than on a tablet / laptop etc.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Trying to buy the fight on ITV Box Office is ridiculously complicated compared to Sky Box Office.
I still can’t figure out if I can watch it on my TV rather than on a tablet / laptop etc.
Let me know if you figure it out...we thinking of buying it

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

You need to go and register on the ITV website, after that its fairly straightforward.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010

I buy it online for my laptop always good service.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

You can watch it on your TV if you have Sky, Virgin Media, or a Playstation. If not you are going to need to watch on a laptop/tablet. Once you've registered its pretty easy.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Groves = 167.1 lbs
Eubank Jr = 167.6 lbs

Groves looked a little drained but will re-hydrate to around 178 lbs for the fight. Eubank Jr will pretty much stay at his weigh in weight.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I’ve just figured it out!
You need to register at itvboxoffice.com where you can input your Sky or Virgin box details etc so that you can watch it on the TV rather than on a laptop etc.
Took me all day to figure it out mind.....

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
As I've said earlier, everyone outside Brighton hate the Eubank's. A lot inside too to be fair.
I remember in '91, I was on HMS Fearless when Chris Snr fought Watson. Everone on board knew I was a Brighton nut & obviously I was giving it large about Eubank, so the time came for me to put my money where my mouth was. I had a tenner with everyone in my mess, there were 36 of us, so I was in trouble if he lost. No digital TV in those days, but the Captain was a big fight fan, so we closed to the South West coast, just off Portland, to get a TV signal. Well, the signal was very in & out, which is very frustrating when you're trying to keep up with what's going on by the second!
Anyway, I was copping all the usual anti Brighton abuse,as you can imagine. Watson was ahead on points coming in to Round 11, then Watson puts Eubank down, just as we lose the picture. The lads were going mental, I was getting pelters. Then, the picture came back. Watson was down, Eubank was doing his pose, & the ref stopped the fight early in the 12th. I got pummeled by the lads, but everyone eventually paid up. Scenes!
Come on Chris Jr; shut up all the Brighton haters, again!

Aftertiming from 1991 , shameful

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
That sounds ideal, do you have to get in their early to get a decent spot? The undercard doesn't look that inspiring!

Apologies, just seen your response. Ring walk expected to be 10pm. I'd say between 8 and 9 and you should be okay. Just heard the Franklin on Lewes road are also showing it now so debating where I'm going to go. Both are good bets though!

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
1238529.jpg shame he was nt with a couple of our lads

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Here we go then. WBA & IBO on the line at 10pm tonight.

Post your bets/predictions here!

Going for a Jr win by stoppage between 10-12.

Anyone travelling up to Manchester to watch?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
£2 on Groves points

Any loss is offset by the £3.33 off a tenner I won thanks to the Albion

No wonder they call me the Lizard

Killing it. One pound at a time

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills