Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good luck Mince Pie-ers. Now very glad I binned it off. 1hr 40 mins training run instead run as a 60 min easy, 30 min steady with cool down. Despite my technical top my NIPS are now complaining.

Good to meet [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] yesterday and talk running and THAT match :)

Despite the conditions I really enjoyed it, felt it almost added to the character of the run. The wind was pretty intense on the exposed downs, but everyone seemed pretty cheerful especially the marshals who once again do a great job. A hot shower was a highlight after the run.

Good to see knocky & simgull both there.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I enjoyed it too. Only disappointment was to find @BigNuts already showered and in civvies by the time I had finished in 1:21ish.
He seems to keep his 5k pace up to 10 miles at least. Good running all. Saw @Ninja for the first time too good luck with the Portsmouth Marathon.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Devils Downland Nine today for me near Bramber. Third time i have run this and was super tough today. Very hilly, muddy and very windy. Hard to judge my time of 1 hour 27 min until results are published. I think everyone will have been slow. I found it very hard especially the last half mile up onto the downs against the wind.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I enjoyed it too. Only disappointment was to find @BigNuts already showered and in civvies by the time I had finished in 1:21ish.
He seems to keep his 5k pace up to 10 miles at least. Good running all. Saw @Ninja for the first time too good luck with the Portsmouth Marathon.

I came in, in 25th position so pretty pleased with that. Time was 1:08:37 which I'm pretty pleased with as conditions were far from conjusive for quick times today. Great course I'll look forward to doing it again next year.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I came in, in 25th position so pretty pleased with that. Time was 1:08:37 which I'm pretty pleased with as conditions were far from conjusive for quick times today. Great course I'll look forward to doing it again next year.

Do you know where the results are published?

I really enjoyed it despite the conditions. Great route and very well organised.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Do you know where the results are published?

I really enjoyed it despite the conditions. Great route and very well organised.

I don't think there up yet, but I checked in with the organisers afterwards.

I was 6th after running the first half mile at 5:50 pace, soon had to slow myself down to nearer 7's though. I always go off far to fast regardless of the event, need to work on a more sedate start and consistent pacing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good luck Mince Pie-ers. Now very glad I binned it off. 1hr 40 mins training run instead run as a 60 min easy, 30 min steady with cool down. Despite my technical top my NIPS are now complaining.

Good to meet [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] yesterday and talk running and THAT match :)

Aye. Will get you up on the Downs before long for some proper running :)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
https://connect.garmin.com/splits/975851106

As you can see went off at 5k pace so thankfully the hills and wind slowed me down as it was a rather suicidal first mile.

Just reading again about the North London Half on Sunday 20th March the day after Milton Keynes away could be a decent overnight trip and the finishing line is inside Wembley Stadium which probably explains the price, it's pretty steep.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
65th in 1:16:33. Pleased with that only 5 mins down on BRIGHT10 with a stinker of a cold and obviously more difficult conditions.
It helped having someone doggedly chase me in the last three miles although he got me in the end. Enjoyed it, have n't felt that squelchy feet feeling since X-country at school.

Great run [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]. Don't worry [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] I'm sure you'll be back in top form soon.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Devils Downland Nine today for me near Bramber. Third time i have run this and was super tough today. Very hilly, muddy and very windy. Hard to judge my time of 1 hour 27 min until results are published. I think everyone will have been slow. I found it very hard especially the last half mile up onto the downs against the wind.

Enjoyed that one last year, conditions were n't great then either though probably not as bad as today. Great bacon sandwich,, cake and all the tea you can drink for a fiver at the end as I remember.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Very well played [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], superb time in those conditions! Horrific out there at times today, the ground was incredibly boggy and nasty - I have a lot of sympathy for the people at the back of the field, the ground was already horrible but after 300 people had dragged themselves through it it can't have been pleasant.

Good to see you again [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] and good to meet [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - I'm well known for my inability to remember faces and names, so don't be upset if I don't recognise you next time out!

I'm feeling good about the Portsmouth Marathon now, I felt like I could have gone and done another lap, definitely not at the same pace though! I beat my Bright10 time which I'm happy with overall.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Glad everyone had a good time at Mince Pie. It's a cracking event (apart from my experience one year) and I'm gutted I missed out this year.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[MENTION=5947] Seaford Striders@seafordstriders Twitter page has the link for the Mince Pie photos. Quick work by them. Great course. I'm 399 if anyone interested in slow work. Any other numbers to have a look at?

After Mrs Knocky1 saw me in the Hove Hornets Facebook page that Dazzer6666 flagged, she banned me from wearing my Brighton away shirt and sent it off to California with my brother muttering about old men and football shirts..........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[MENTION=5947] Seaford Striders@seafordstriders Twitter page has the link for the Mince Pie photos. Quick work by them. Great course. I'm 399 if anyone interested in slow work. Any other numbers to have a look at?

After Mrs Knocky1 saw me in the Hove Hornets Facebook page that Dazzer6666 flagged, she banned me from wearing my Brighton away shirt and sent it off to California with my brother muttering about old men and football shirts..........

Does that mean if we get any race or Parkrun newbies you'll be getting your NSC name printed on that bright red racing shirt for the meet up? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here