Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footballers' sponsored cars

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I recall he had had an accident in his car and his passenger was not Mrs Shilton but a girl called Tina and whenever we attacked there was a menacing chant of "Tina Tina Tina" from the North Stand.

I imagine he enjoyed that game almost as much as Trevor Morley of West Ham did when he made his playing return after being stabbed in a domestic incident. To be greeted by North Stand renditions of "There's only one Mrs Morley".
:D

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Coming down the M1 a generation ago and Herol "Bomber" Graham came past me in his sponsored car.
I live in Newmarket and there are plenty of sponsored cars around here driven by jockeys.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Coming down the M1 a generation ago and Herol "Bomber" Graham came past me in his sponsored car.
I live in Newmarket and there are plenty of sponsored cars around here driven by jockeys.

I guess Chris Eubank didn't need a car dealer name on the side of his motors to let people know he was in it...

I remember seeing one of the All Blacks hooning down the M6 in a sponsored car with his name on years ago. I don't think he was lost. I think he was playing for an English egg chasing club.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I remember letting Liam Brady turn in front of me into the witch car park (to meet Gerry Ryan) in his Albion seat Toledo. Bit different to Alan mullery's brand new jag he had when he was Albion manager. Sign of the times in the mid 90s I guess!!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I guess Chris Eubank didn't need a car dealer name on the side of his motors to let people know he was in it...

I remember seeing one of the All Blacks hooning down the M6 in a sponsored car with his name on years ago. I don't think he was lost. I think he was playing for an English egg chasing club.
Chris had one or two given to him by riverdale

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I imagine he enjoyed that game almost as much as Trevor Morley of West Ham did when he made his playing return after being stabbed in a domestic incident. To be greeted by North Stand renditions of "There's only one Mrs Morley".

Was living in Manchester at the time. Rumour was that she discovered Trevor and Ian Bishop in a "compromising position" together

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Can you guess the team that has just appointed Alan Mullery as their new manager ?

Attachments

• mll2.jpg
    mll2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

I'm sure when he played against Albion shortly after, every time he got the ball the crowd would chant 'stab stab stab'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure when he played against Albion shortly after, every time he got the ball the crowd would chant 'stab stab stab'.

Yep, I remember that too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I give up - how do you embed a tweet? Can't work it out.

Take the ID number of the tweet, and type it between square brackets as follows [ tweet ] 1234567 [ /tweet ]

(You need to take the spaces out of the square brackets).

Lush

Mods' Pet
Is the Player of the Month Porsche branded? Would kinda take the edge off.

I was also wondering whether the good folks at the Porsche Centre ever hinted that they'd prefer it if not too many of the younger players were nominated, for insurance reasons.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is the Player of the Month Porsche branded? Would kinda take the edge off.

I was also wondering whether the good folks at the Porsche Centre ever hinted that they'd prefer it if not too many of the younger players were nominated, for insurance reasons.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Solly has taken the 911 out for a test drive yet?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And which unmarked lay-bys he might be driving past? :whistle:

I was more worried about him wrapping himself round a tree :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here