Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Club Shop in Worthing?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At The Amex club shop, you're only selling to the converted. They've got match tickets, they've probably bought much of the stuff already. In town, you're selling to, well, the town. The tourists, the dads birthday brigade, the parents with little kids. They probably won't be able to get match tickets this season, but they want to share in the club's success by wearing the stripes. Or buying the pencil case. Or the dog bowl. It's an absolute no-brainer. Bayern Munich, for example, have a major club shop at the stadium. They also have multiple heavily-stocked small outlets scattered around town. That's the model the club should be following IMHO. Seems to me they're not trying very hard.

I don't know, you may well be right. There again we aren't a Bayern Munich, or a Barcelona, or a Real Madrid . . . yet. Maybe if we survive this season, and get a foothold in the Premier League, the club will be persuaded to do something about it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If she's looking down by Costa that's the wrong way. The unit in question is the one that used to be the bike stores, was earmarked for a Giraffe restaurant. It's the bit opposite the key cutting / photo developing 'shops'.

Great news if it's almost ready to go though.

Great news for the people of Wothing indeed. One question though, is it just designed to be a pop up, i.e. only there for a limited time, or is it a permanent fixture?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was there at lunch-time. It isn't there.

My wife went there at lunchtime too. Should I be worried?!

But also she confirmed it is not there. However she didn't go to the end that Papa has just mentioned because, well, no one does! If that is where it is, I am even more alarmed. The footfall to that part of the Tesco complex is lower than at any other part. I really can't see them taking that unit. Would be a very odd choice.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just been there. No sign of it at all so don't know what BG was talking about it. See pics of the bit where Papa had heard it may be going.

Maybe it is all getting ready behind those boards but I saw no sign of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 185

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just been there. No sign of it at all so don't know what BG was talking about it. See pics of the bit where Papa had heard it may be going.

Maybe it is all getting ready behind those boards but I saw no sign of it.

oooh, reduced to clear disposable BBQs. Cheers for the heads-up. Are they the large or XL size?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife insists it was/ is at the opposite end to Costa but in a similar position ie the end shop opposite customer services if you turn right inside the main door of Tesco entrance. I have just phoned and asked sister in law to go and check as she lives in Chiltern Crescent and uses Tesco a lot.,

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
oooh, reduced to clear disposable BBQs. Cheers for the heads-up. Are they the large or XL size?

I'd hazard a guess at large. if you'd asked I'd have got you three or four and brought them round special delivery. Planning Christmas Dinner?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wife insists it was/ is at the opposite end to Costa but in a similar position ie the end shop opposite customer services if you turn right inside the main door of Tesco entrance. I have just phond and asked sister in law to go and check as she lives in Chiltern Crescent and uses Tesco a lot.,

Well maybe it has some kind of invisibility quality because it wasn't there five minutes ago!? Like a tardis? The end shop you describe is in the left hand picture. To be fair it could be just behind that board.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd hazard a guess at large. if you'd asked I'd have got you three or four and brought them round special delivery. Planning Christmas Dinner?

We use them in our campervan for days out and UK short breaks... they often sell out and as soon as the spring temps rise above freezing everyone and their dog goes to the seafront to BBQ and they sell out. I want to stock up for 2018.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well maybe it has some kind of invisibility quality because it wasn't there five minutes ago!? Like a tardis?

I shall give wife some stick if it isint:lolol: The strange thing is that it was her saying to me about it about 3 or so weeks ago telling me they were putting signs up etc without me knowing anything or mentioning anything about another club shop so I cannot imagine how she was mistaken or perhaps they have had a change of mind, which seems unlikely.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Newsflash: my wife saw two people dressed in Brighton gear coming away from Tescos the other day. I assume she doesn't just mean a couple of lads in kits.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I shall give wife some stick if it isint:lolol: The strange thing is that it was her saying to me about it about 3 or so weeks ago telling me they were putting signs up etc without me knowing anything or mentioning anything about another club shop so I cannot imagine how she was mistaken or perhaps they have had a change of mind, which seems unlikely.

:moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sister in law has just been back down there and says it is isnt open yet but it is in the corner behind where the BBQs are and they were taking stock into it. so assume it will be open soon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have just phoned and asked sister in law to go and check as she lives in Chiltern Crescent and uses Tesco a lot.,

Sister in law has just been back down there and says it is isnt open yet but it is in the corner behind where the BBQs are and they were taking stock into it. so assume it will be open soon.

You ACTUALLY sent your sister in law round there to help resolve a debate you are having on an internet messageboard ?? :lolol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Thread of the year contender this is.

BGs increasingly baffled descriptions of which bit of Tescos the concession is in (or isn't). Only on NSC.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I thought you lived near Haywards Heath? That's quite a journey.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thread of the year contender this is.

BGs increasingly baffled descriptions of which bit of Tescos the concession is in (or isn't). Only on NSC.

No baffling at all. Go in the main entrance doors to Tesco turn right and up in the corner opposite customer services where the pghoto shop was. which is where I said all along the opposite end to Costa but in a similar corner position

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Cracking friday afternoon thread this. Can anyone else get down there and get a picture with BG sister in law?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here