Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] January Skiing Val Thorens

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Either 6th January to 13th January or 20th January to 27th January

I would get back in time on the 13th to get to the West Brom away game from Gatwick.

Similarly I would get a late flight on 20th after the early kick off Chelsea home game.

Anyone with past experience reckon it better to go at the start of January or at the end of the month? Will the weather be more likely clearer towards the end of Jan for example? Quieter slopes?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have no experience at all, but I wanted to congratulate you on covering off the "missing football" flack that you thought might be coming your way.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Either 6th January to 13th January or 20th January to 27th January

I would get back in time on the 13th to get to the West Brom away game from Gatwick.

Similarly I would get a late flight on 20th after the early kick off Chelsea home game.

Anyone with past experience reckon it better to go at the start of January or at the end of the month? Will the weather be more likely clearer towards the end of Jan for example? Quieter slopes?

Ask your travel agent. :shrug: This Val Thorens with whom you go skiing, can he play LB?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've been early December and perfect and January or February and shit. Also been Easter in April and brilliant.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I’ve been to VT several times, normally the 2nd week of Jan and we’ve had fabulous snow, cold with lots of sunshine.
It’s a very high resort so the snow normally stays in good condition.
I’ve never really experienced busy slopes in VT but further down the three vallies, meribel and courchavel seem to be busier.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
End of the month would give you 30+ minutes extra daylight a day. If there hasn't been much snow by the 6th you'd have 2 weeks to hope for more. It will give you a rest after Xmas and New Year.

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
End of the month would give you 30+ minutes extra daylight a day. If there hasn't been much snow by the 6th you'd have 2 weeks to hope for more. It will give you a rest after Xmas and New Year.

:clap2: good thinking with the extra daylight.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’ve been to VT several times, normally the 2nd week of Jan and we’ve had fabulous snow, cold with lots of sunshine.
It’s a very high resort so the snow normally stays in good condition.
I’ve never really experienced busy slopes in VT but further down the three vallies, meribel and courchavel seem to be busier.

Ditto. I’ve done Christmas there twice and late January once.

Neither time was busy, particularly, but January was colder. The snow was fantastic each time (whilst on one occasion there was no snow in Les Menuires as we drove through).

It’s a great resort if you’re there for the skiing. Not so much for apres-ski, but the altitude makes the alcohol work quicker :thumbsup:

Don’t be tempted to get the 3 Valleys lift pass except as a 1 day extension. There’s plenty to do just in VT and it’s big and open with tons of off piste, so you won’t want to go to the other areas more than once.

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Ditto. I’ve done Christmas there twice and late January once.

Neither time was busy, particularly, but January was colder. The snow was fantastic each time (whilst on one occasion there was no snow in Les Menuires as we drove through).

It’s a great resort if you’re there for the skiing. Not so much for apres-ski, but the altitude makes the alcohol work quicker :thumbsup:

Don’t be tempted to get the 3 Valleys lift pass except as a 1 day extension. There’s plenty to do just in VT and it’s big and open with tons of off piste, so you won’t want to go to the other areas more than once.

Thanks alot - makes sense just to extend the lift pass for one or two days during the week. That's saved us £100.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here