Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much will the Amex beer cost in the Prem?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At least the queues would be better :rock:

Reckon the club should whack the price of a pint up to £6 (or higher) for half time and ten minutes either side of half time.

Might focus minds, maximise income and make the queues vanish pronto tonto. Most in the half time queue have zero hope of reaching the front of the queue anyway.

If you need a half time beer THAT bad, you pay the premium or go without. Guess what, you'll survive somehow.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It wont worry me as I cannot afford or wont pay the prices asked in pubs now, disregarding The Amex which will be dearer. Have only had a pie when included in beam back price as again I do not think that they are VFM.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Reckon the club should whack the price of a pint up to £6 (or higher) for half time and ten minutes either side of half time.

Might focus minds, maximise income and make the queues vanish pronto tonto. Most in the half time queue have zero hope of reaching the front of the queue anyway.

If you need a half time beer THAT bad, you pay the premium or go without. Guess what, you'll survive somehow.

I love a half time pint along with thousands of others! Your idea is ridiculous!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I love a half time pint along with thousands of others! Your idea is ridiculous!

Same. Thousands of us would currently like to stand any kind of chance of reaching the front of the queue for a half time pint. Whack a couple of quid on a pint for that golden half time period and the stupidly long queues might - just MIGHT - f*ck right off for once. Currently, the vast majority of the huge number of people in that queue stand absolutely no chance of getting served, but they just waste their time standing there gormlessly anyway. Same for friendlies. Same for beambacks. The current half-time arrangement is just unfit for purpose.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
'Beer has proved an enduringly popular offering for customers at the Amex and we have been concerned at the number of comments received from customers regarding ease of availability of this product, especially during half-time. We have listened to these concerns and are now delighted to be able to announce the first beer membership scheme in The Premier League. By joining Seagulls Beer, customers will be able to receive priority access to this enduringly popular alcoholic beverage. Seagulls Beer members will be served their drinks prior to other customers in the ground. Membership of this fantastic scheme costs £40 per season via direct debit, or £50 via other payment methods. The scheme is open now, and we encourage customers who particularly enjoy beer, to apply for Seagulls Beer membership now,' announced Brighton & Hove Albion Chief Executive today. Full details of the scheme and application forms will available on the Club website in due course.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
'Beer has proved an enduringly popular offering for customers at the Amex and we have been concerned at the number of comments received from customers regarding ease of availability of this product, especially during half-time. We have listened to these concerns and are now delighted to be able to announce the first beer membership scheme in The Premier League. By joining Seagulls Beer, customers will be able to receive priority access to this enduringly popular alcoholic beverage. Seagulls Beer members will be served their drinks prior to other customers in the ground. Membership of this fantastic scheme costs £40 per season via direct debit, or £50 via other payment methods. The scheme is open now, and we encourage customers who particularly enjoy beer, to apply for Seagulls Beer membership now,' announced Brighton & Hove Albion Chief Executive today. Full details of the scheme and application forms will available on the Club website in due course.

Well played. You did forget to mention that every extra revenue stream has to be looked at as ultimately it enables the club to put more money into the playing budget.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Is it not £5 already? Even at £5 I would think thats a bargain at a PL game - I would expect around £5.50 - £6

no , its not £5 already , have you ever bought a pint at the ground ? , i suspect not judging by your question , so why on earth are you commenting on this thread ?

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Well played. You did forget to mention that every extra revenue stream has to be looked at as ultimately it enables the club to put more money into the playing budget.

Sorry, yes of course. Such schemes allow the team to be more competitive on the pitch!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Please let the football season start and we can get back to worrying about what's most important - the performance of the team.

It wont worry me as I cannot afford or wont pay the prices asked in pubs now, disregarding The Amex which will be dearer. Have only had a pie when included in beam back price as again I do not think that they are VFM.

So another season looms of you being a miserable old git.
Looking forward to it.
Wherever you go I'll not be far behind :moo:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
In all seriousness I guess it will depend entirely on the terms of the contract within which Sodexo operate. Personally I envisage a 10p a pint rise.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Why comment then. Apart from to build your post count

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have had 6 pints from hand pumps in propper glasses in 6 different pubs. Kept thinking that maybe the next pint might get better (never had more than 1 pint in each of the pubs). The last time the landlord in the pub said that others had noted the lack in quality too and he thought it could be because less time is spent conditoning the beer before it is pushed out of the brewery.

It was beautiful in the Dorset on Friday and the Nelson yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here