Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
He won't give a shite as he's on 40k or so a week....People need to realise he did what anyone of us would do in the same situation.

Forget him as hes another in along list of players that do this year after year :)

Possibly right.

But I'm quite happy to not forget him for this game. A bit of childish nose rubbing never went amiss.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
His name is Alex Pritchard
He nearly signed with us
but He got stuck on the motorway
We all made such a fuss.
And now we've got promotion
Oh what a thing to have
He could have used his bonus
to buy a new sat nav....

Ahh ha ha ha ha ha ha etc.

That is very very good, it scans superbly, rhymes, is to the point and is relatively easy to learn. 2,700 copies required for the away end at Norwich please.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I reckon reverse psychology. Instead of boing him, cheer jeer or just laugh.

I'm with this completely. Why have a go at him for not joining? I literally wouldn't go back in time and change anything as the season has worked out absolutely perfectly. If he'd joined us and played instead of say Sidwell in some games, we may not have been so good, we may not have had that goal at Bristol City, we may not have gone up. :eek:

Cheer the guy, everything that happened has worked in our favour. Would anyone really go back and change the Pritchard move now?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
He won't give a shite as he's on 40k or so a week....People need to realise he did what anyone of us would do in the same situation.

Forget him as hes another in along list of players that do this year after year :)

Not true. Not everyone is an unprincipled mercenary. Karma has come back to bite him in the bum. Having said that, he'll probably pop 5 past us on Friday with a few Albion fuzzy heads making it easier for him. Have the players stopped partying yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not true. Not everyone is an unprincipled mercenary. Karma has come back to bite him in the bum. Having said that, he'll probably pop 5 past us on Friday with a few Albion fuzzy heads making it easier for him. Have the players stopped partying yet?

Possibly not

[tweet]854560069119344640[/tweet]

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean

No problem with that but it was when he said it was nothing to do with the money but he moved for football reasons, he should of just kept his mouth shut especially when he would always struggle to get straight into their first team.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Alex Pritchard, he’s one of our own.

That would really spook him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sorry but isn't signing for a team perceived to have a higher chance of promotion before a ball has been kicked the very definition of signing 'for the money'?

No. Clearly not. If the money comes with the future success then fine. I would count "signing for the money" as someone moving to a worse team/standard for an enhanced pay packet. I.e moving to china.

Based on your statememnt, the only way you can't be classified as "signing for the money" is if you choose a worse team on lower pay....and no one would do that because that's stupid.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No. Clearly not. If the money comes with the future success then fine. I would count "signing for the money" as someone moving to a worse team/standard for an enhanced pay packet. I.e moving to china.

Based on your statememnt, the only way you can't be classified as "signing for the money" is if you choose a worse team on lower pay....and no one would do that because that's stupid.

Maybe I just have a weird way of looking at it.

Like everyone else I know absolutely nothing of what actually went on in his head that day, but I reckon he found out Norwich were after him, saw they had a higher wage on offer and, in the bookies eyes, a better chance of promotion and thought "I'll have some of that".

Whatever happened I bet he's kicking himself a bit now. Or he's sleeping fitfully on a giant pile of money.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is modern football. It's always about the money. We know that, the clubs know that, Pritchard knows that. He claims otherwise but it's just a charade that they all go through.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can picture him, on that day, chugging along the A11.
Getting to Thetford and thinking:-

'Christ still another 30 miles, Norwich doesn't look that far on a map'.

He should have stopped at the Linton Travel Tavern, it's exactly equidistant from London and Norwich.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Still think the monopoly money with Pritchard's head on to be scattered like confetti at the game was a brilliant idea. [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] produced a great one, tho alas alack I can't find it for now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
C9t8visXkAMJzgG.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
^ Just substitute the word "football" for money.

I think we should just boo him every time he touches the ball. That worked great when we stuffed them at the Amex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder how much he'd cost? :jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There should be fancy dress for Norwich away.

2700 Jim Bowen's singing "here's what you could have won" (to the tune of SUIYHP) every time Pritchard touches the ball.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here