Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough pitch invasion

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The goading inside the ground didn't really bother me, it was from youngsters and I sort of expected it (not just from Boro, all clubs have idiots, including Brighton). There was plenty of applause too though, and the away supporters coaches were applauded by all the Boro fans I could see bar one idiot (again, a younger supporter).

However, it sounds like things were less pleasant for those who had to go further afield to get away, which is saddening to hear. To confront opposing fans in the street, particular in [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s case when he a young child with him, is not on at all.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You had a completely different experience to me. I would hate to think what they'd have been like if we'd won.

Agreed I left at the final whistle and there were numerous "boro fans" coming out of the stadium to have a go. Very odd you have just been promoted and you would rather try to fight the opposition fans? The walk back to the car was not pleasant. As you say if we had won.....

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
A dozen or so ran on the pitch on the final whistle but were sent back by the stewards. We then waited for the players to come back to celebrate. At 3-1 most Walsall fans had already left.
I think you need to watch the YouTube videos again, at least 500 went on including from both sides. I was first on and ran straight to Murray, asked for his shirt and he kinda grunted and then walked off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Eight minutes extra were up. No complaints there. Not sure what your point is.

We saw Tony Bloom at Kings Cross on the way home. Certainly not happy that the whistle was blown early. They wasted time throughout injury time and we were cheated out of at least thirty to forty seconds. Doubt very much we would have scored but I think the complaints of the man bankrolling the club are a bit more valid than your view,

ayresome angel

May 3, 2016
we did have a few fans who let us(boro) down i would guess they are the once a year types and not regular supporters. for what its worth the red card was wrong, simple as that and i genuinely would like to see you win the play offs as brighton is always a good day out, i enjoy the set up at your ground very welcoming. hope you don't tar us all with the same brush but its fair to say i saw the best and worse of our lot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A dozen or so ran on the pitch on the final whistle but were sent back by the stewards. We then waited for the players to come back to celebrate. At 3-1 most Walsall fans had already left.
Agreed. The Walsall match was the friendliest football match I have ever attended - large number of extra seats made available for visiting Albion fans, Walsall fans recognising that it was our day in the sun and behaving accordingly. No hint of hostility or aggro before, during or after the game. All in all a wonderful afternoon.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
we did have a few fans who let us(boro) down i would guess they are the once a year types and not regular supporters. for what its worth the red card was wrong, simple as that and i genuinely would like to see you win the play offs as brighton is always a good day out, i enjoy the set up at your ground very welcoming. hope you don't tar us all with the same brush but its fair to say i saw the best and worse of our lot.
Thanks for your post.

No one really tars everyone with the same brush.

I forgive and forget it all now - life is too short to carry lasting general grudges - apart from a lingering annoyance with Ramirez for knocking the card out of Dean's hand, and an ongoing issue with Dean's weakness and incompetence.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

That's nice to hear. You might have gathered, we're a bit miffed on the red, especially when Barton didn't get one against us.
Despite the result, I had a good time up your way, and thought your fans made a raucous atmosphere which enhanced the experience.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Thanks for that. Good luck in the Premier league, I think you are well set with that squad. We'll see you back at the Riverside next season and hope you get to enjoy a return visit to the Amex.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
From where I was standing it looked like Hemed got taken down by a Boro fan with a football tackle.

Let's see if the FA take any action. Not as though it will make any difference to us now, but they were clearly failing to control their fans and endangering our players' safety. You wonder what would have happened if one of our players had got badly injured in the melee and missed the play-offs.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
surely the ref should have stopped the game and asked the stewards to sort it out when there were hundreds of fans sitting on the adverstising hoardings, bearly past the official 90 min. its was quite evident what was about to happen and a little worrying what may have happend if we had a late winner.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
surely the ref should have stopped the game and asked the stewards to sort it out when there were hundreds of fans sitting on the adverstising hoardings, bearly past the official 90 min. its was quite evident what was about to happen and a little worrying what may have happend if we had a late winner.

You do wonder what the hell would've happened! It would surely have been carnage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here