Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The unofficial NSC worst film you've EVER seen thread

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Top Cat The Movie was really quite bad. I recall Perfect with Jamie Lee Curtis was dross. Anything with Danny Dyer or Jason Statham probably, although I haven't seen any, so I'm possibly making a grotesque error of judgement there.

Danny Dyer is in Severance which is a very good film.

It's by Christopher Smith a young British director who seems pretty unkown considering every film he's made is very good (Black Death, Triangle ,Creep)

He's like a less 'arty' (and much better) Ben Wheatley

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not even Alicia Silverstone dressed in rubber could prevent Batman and Robin from being the worst film ever....I mean ever....like in the history of time...even worse than some of those straight to DVD didn't make it to the cinema ones.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Wind talkers is crap. Saw it at the flicks. Nicholas Cage has made some stinkers in the last 15 years. The remake of Bad Leutenant is atrocious. As is the remake of The Wicker Man which truly has to go down as one of the worst films ever made. Just terrible.

I saw a film called Joe the other day. Probably the best acting I've ever seen from Cage- I'm not a fan of his at all but quite enjoyed the film.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Room. That's what I was thinking of earlier. A film so badly acted, produced and directed that you can regularly find late night cinema screenings of it on as people love watching how awful it is.

Generally regarded as the worst film ever made that takes itself seriously, do yourself a favour and youtube the best bits complication. It's astonishing.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Take your pick

Charlies Angels full throttle
Shaolin Soccer
Darjeeling Express
The Constant Gardener
The English Patient

could go on and on and on and on

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The English Patient.

You don't have to be English to watch it but you do have to be ****ing patient.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The Room. That's what I was thinking of earlier. A film so badly acted, produced and directed that you can regularly find late night cinema screenings of it on as people love watching how awful it is.

Generally regarded as the worst film ever made that takes itself seriously, do yourself a favour and youtube the best bits complication. It's astonishing.

It has become iconic though. You can go and watch it in a London cinema where everyone joins in, quotes the lines, dresses up etc. I have been twice, it is an amazing experience to do it.

It is shown every month :)

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/events/events.php?seasonanchor=room

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seen lots of awful films, but a special mention for 'Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves'.

For the pedant, it also has annoying inaccuracies (the white cliffs of Dover are just outside Nottingham, apparently).

And are actually the Seven Sisters (the famous White Cliffs were a bit too brown to be used in the movie).

Costner comes ashore near Eastbourne, and tells Morgan Freeman "We'll be dining with my father [in Nottingham] by nightfall".

Impressive, considering they're on horseback. And that they also travel to Nottingham via Hadrian's Wall (where they had that scrap with the Sheriff's men).

Alan Rickman was alright in that movie though, albeit massively hamming it up. Costner: yes, laughable. Up there with Mel Gibson's pathetically "It's all fer nothin' if ye don' have FREEDOM" performance.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not had the pleasure of seeing it in its entirety, and this may be verging on blasphemy for any Under 10s reading, but: Frozen? Cloying, clichéd, Disney toddler-bait, cynically over-produced with the sole intention of flogging galactic quantities of themed Happy Meals, plastic pink princess crap, and for teaching little girls that it doesn't matter what you look like, so long as you're a good person inside. And are also pretty.

Would also give Mamma Mia another vote, largely thanks to Pierce Brosnan, also Daredevil, starring Ben Affleck as a blind superhero, and some crock of shit I remember seeing in the 1990s, which had Patrick Swayze in it, amongst others, and was called To Wong Foo, [something something], Julie Newmar.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Not had the pleasure of seeing it in it's entirety, and this may be verging on blasphemy for any Under 10s reading this, but: Frozen?

I'm seen more kids films than is healthy for any middle aged adult.

Frozen is miles away from the worst of the bunch. If Shrek 1 and 2 and the Lego movie sit at the top of the pile, Frozen is somewhere in the middle way above The Moshi monsters movie, Alpha and Omega and my personal hatred Happy feet which is about a cute Penguin who needs punching repeatedly in the head.

The worst thing is that 'Do you wanna build a snowman' has earwormed me. FFS.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Although quite groundbreaking in that it was portraying gay cowboys in the Bible Belt for the first time, I found the film "Brokeback Mountain" very dull almost sending me off to sleep with boredom.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I remember seeing a trailor for "chalet girl" and claiming outright that it would be the worst movie ever made.

Has anyone seen it to confirm my suspicions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here