[Albion] West Ham Utd U18s v Brighton & Hove Albion U18s FA YOUTH CUP 7PM K.O

0daca4d1d2b905e0a2102ec88d39100e.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes!!! Albion win 5-4 on penalties!

Goalkeeper Roco Rees saved two in the shoot-out. Ted Jenks put his penalty miss in extra-time behind him to score in the shoot-out.

They conceded after 6 minutes and sounds like they were under the cosh for the first half-hour, but really battled and emerged triumphant. Well done lads!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes!!! Albion win 5-4 on penalties!

Goalkeeper Roco Rees saved two in the shoot-out. Ted Jenks put his penalty miss in extra-time behind him to score in the shoot-out.

They conceded after 6 minutes and sounds like they were under the cosh for the first half-hour, but really battled and emerged triumphant. Well done lads!

Great name!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
When's the draw for the next round?

Not sure.

I'm hoping that Albion get a home draw that will be hosted at the Amex and shown live. Home times at the Amex had been, until last season, but as the U-23s are now back being screened hopefully an FA Youth Cup tie will be too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great stuff, always enjoyable beating the 'Ammers.

theboybilly

I was at this game and can confirm it was a very good match. West Ham had the majority of the play in the first half and had a lot of pace in their team. Albion improved after half-time and would have deserved a win in normal time. In extra time there were chances for both sides but the deadlock couldn't be broken. The were some stern challenges throughout the game but apart from the odd square-up the game was played in good spirit. I urge anybody, if they can, to attend u18 games (indeed the u23s too) as there are some talented young lads on our books.
For me, on Monday's showing, we have a real prospect in Haydon Roberts at CB. I don't remember him putting a foot wrong, he has plenty of pace and seems to read the game very well. I shall watch his progress with interest

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was at this game and can confirm it was a very good match. West Ham had the majority of the play in the first half and had a lot of pace in their team. Albion improved after half-time and would have deserved a win in normal time. In extra time there were chances for both sides but the deadlock couldn't be broken. The were some stern challenges throughout the game but apart from the odd square-up the game was played in good spirit. I urge anybody, if they can, to attend u18 games (indeed the u23s too) as there are some talented young lads on our books.
For me, on Monday's showing, we have a real prospect in Haydon Roberts at CB. I don't remember him putting a foot wrong, he has plenty of pace and seems to read the game very well. I shall watch his progress with interest

As I understand it, Albion (and possibly some or all other clubs) do not allow members of the public at the training ground to watch U-18 matches.

The only exception would be any FA Youth Cup matches staged at the Amex.

theboybilly

As I understand it, Albion (and possibly some or all other clubs) do not allow members of the public at the training ground to watch U-18 matches.

The only exception would be any FA Youth Cup matches staged at the Amex.

I would suggest then that Albion would use Crawley for FA Youth Cup matches. Maybe the Amex if we progress to the later rounds?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here