Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Renato Neto: Deal OFF after fails medical

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Wonder what the knee issue is? When you think of the players that move for big fees after serious knee injuries, Murray for instance, this must be pretty bad.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
As a youngster I remember Man United made a swoop for a Dutch striker with an £18m bid. He failed his medical due to knee issues and they waited 12 months before trying again at the same price. He then arrived and was prolific for them.

I wouldn't write this one off completely just yet

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Genk must be gutted, they have already brought in his replacement.

I read somewhere a few days ago that Genk didn't think Neto was the same player after injury & had recruited to his position regardless of his potential sale. No idea if it's the knee issue the medical picked up on.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
As a youngster I remember Man United made a swoop for a Dutch striker with an £18m bid. He failed his medical due to knee issues and they waited 12 months before trying again at the same price. He then arrived and was prolific for them.

I wouldn't write this one off completely just yet

Massive difference. Man Utd can afford to throw away/gamble on millions of pounds. We can't. This will be the end of this transfer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Genk must be gutted, they have already brought in his replacement.
That was the suspicious part for me. Neto was a fans favourite. I think we've dodged a bullet.

Maybe they will let us loan him and if he makes X amount of appearances we are obliged to buy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wonder what the knee issue is? When you think of the players that move for big fees after serious knee injuries, Murray for instance, this must be pretty bad.

Some players recover well, and others don't. If the knee swells after exercise, the player may never play again ie Dean Blackwell.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I read somewhere a few days ago that Genk didn't think Neto was the same player after injury & had recruited to his position regardless of his potential sale. No idea if it's the knee issue the medical picked up on.

Sorry to be a pedant by Neto plays for Gent - not Genk!

Gent & Genk are rivals like us and them lot up the road - they detest each other.

Just saying :smokin:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
That was the suspicious part for me. Neto was a fans favourite. I think we've dodged a bullet.

Maybe they will let us loan him and if he makes X amount of appearances we are obliged to buy.

Still a loan fee and wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here