Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next season's Championship

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
The three relegated sides from the Prem will struggle to get back up IMO, especially Sunderland. To be honest, I could quite easily see them sliding down another division in the foreseeable future al la Wigan, Leeds, Forest, and even Leicester who found themselves in League 1 at one stage.

Personally I think the Championship season just gone will have been harder that the forthcoming one, which makes our achievement to reach the autos even more impressive.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Very open as don't fancy any of relegated teams, all in disarray managerially, will take recovery time.

'There or thereabouts' teams left: Sheffield Wednesday, and Derby, and they dont seem to be investing, in latter case deinvesting if Ince goes.

Promoted teams seem to find it difficult recently - only Bournemouth and Brentford in recent years have settled comfortably.

So...agree with other posters that it is likely to be very open. My take would be Norwich as all they need to do is stop conceding, and it is much easier to do that then to get goals. Ditto Fulham unless they lose Cairney and Malone as well as Sessegnon. Bit of a rebuild if they do.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The three relegated sides from the Prem will struggle to get back up IMO, especially Sunderland. To be honest, I could quite easily see them sliding down another division in the foreseeable future al la Wigan, Leeds, Forest, and even Leicester who found themselves in League 1 at one stage.

Personally I think the Championship season just gone will have been harder that the forthcoming one, which makes our achievement to reach the autos even more impressive.
This.

Last season - relegated.

Newcastle
Norwich
Villa

This season

Hull
Sunderland
Boro

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Its going to be such a tough division next season.....Hull and Boro are yo yo sides, they will always have a chance...add to that the 3 teams who failed in the play offs as well plus.....Villa, Derby, Norwich, Leeds, Brentford, I think also Sheff Utd could be up there, that's nearly half the division whom have a chance....I am so glad we are out of there :albion2:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Where the **** has this Brentford will be promoted come from, They will do well to make the playoffs if they make some good additions, but once again te championship is becoming flooded with money and as such it will be very difficult to compete.

I think Boro will compete in the top 6 and Sunderland will struggle over the course of the season but see them finishing in the top 8.

Fulham, Norwich and Villa to be pushing for the top spots in my view, Norwich will build there team around Pritchard, Fulham are almost there with there squad, keeping Cairney will be key for them as it was for us keeping stephans, Bruce has got out of this division before and will build his own team in pre season.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
very unlikely
Yes, was saying to a Wolves-supporting mate after they sacked Lambert that it doesn't matter who they get in, they've got no chance next season given all the other teams in with a shout. I think Brentford could do well, but still very much dark horses. Mid-table.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Agree entirely.

My (very early) predictions:

Norwich and Brentford to go up in auto places.

Playoffs: Fulham, Boro, Villa & Derby

Sunderland to go down with QPR and (sadly) Ipswich.
I know were all entitled to our opinions but crikey are you really allowed out on your own ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Where the **** has this Brentford will be promoted come from, They will do well to make the playoffs if they make some good additions, but once again te championship is becoming flooded with money and as such it will be very difficult to compete.

They hit their straps when Jota returned last year and I reckon that the squad is of a relatively good strength throughout, meaning the'll be less susceptible to suffering from any big departures over the summer. Plus they generally recruit well. But mainly for me it's just a gut feeling.

I know were all entitled to our opinions but crikey are you really allowed out on your own ?

:lolol: Yeah I'm guessing the summer activity will have a big effect on my thinking.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wolves if they splash a bit cash and appoint someone decent could do well too.

They've appointed Nuno who was manager of FC Porto. Ryan Bennett has just signed a 3 year contract there.

I think Hull will really struggle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here