Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Here we are:

[yt]RCTKq6B8TG0[/yt]

I know HKFC is desperate to do 1985, so I'll steer clear of him. We're relying on you [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] for 1982...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
With Hans 24 Hour rule In place I am feeling the pressure and don't want to let anyone down.
I have chosen this and am dedicating it to all who studied at Brighton Polytechnic at this time. To Josh Dean and The Basement/Big Twang crowd.

For 1983 Its over to [MENTION=19864]Flex Your Head[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks Staly. Excellent choice btw.

So, 1985, and the promised double A side...

Marvellous.

And so to the main event. 1986. Step forward [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION]

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Sorry to impose, but we should crack on here. You may know this next one. Hell, you may even be PLAYING on this next one. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the soaring, duelling, uplifting, timeless, the one, the only:

[yt]WTxvmV_uxzQ[/yt]

Back to you [MENTION=2040]Staly[/MENTION].

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Oooh, 1987. What's it gonna be? Get Out Of My Dream? I Heard You The First Time? Gentle Tuesday? Crawl Babies? Sunny Sundae Smile?

Naaah.

Over to you [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION]

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What a great year this was. Could have chosen many but have gone for this lot.

Back to you [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Here's my 1990. Pushing our genre a bit, but utterly beautiful.

And I'm going to risk asking [MENTION=11759]rosscrudos[/MENTION] for his own choice of a song from 1991, the year Tommy Johnson made me cry.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
#sigh... Another failed attempt to widen the net!

Edit! I've just had a pm from Ross with his choice, which he was just about to post when I jumped the gun. Weirdly, it's a track that I was within a whisker of choosing myself. Ross' song;

I'll play safe this time and throw it back to [MENTION=19864]Flex Your Head[/MENTION]

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Pleasure. One of my favourite songs of all time

[MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] can you provide a song from 1994 that would slide nicely in to any decent indie club's playlist please, and then nominate someone for 1995?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Timed out again, so let's get this thing moving. Hope this isn't too far off course. It does have a GIRL and lots of GUITARS.

Over to [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION]

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Here we are. Almost went for.the fabulous Lo Boob Oscillator, but have gone a little more obscure. Perhaps familiar to HKFC....

[yt]POxasoF1nCg[/yt]

[MENTION=12060]Grassman[/MENTION], Grassman, give us a tune. From 1996. And then nominate someone else to give us a tune from 1997. Can we please give Flex Your Head the honour of the 2000th post? It would be nice to get Albumen back in time for Xmas too, but we'll see how it goes.....

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
[MENTION=12060]Grassman[/MENTION], Grassman, give us a tune. From 1996. And then nominate someone else to give us a tune from 1997. Can we please give Flex Your Head the honour of the 2000th post? It would be nice to get Albumen back in time for Xmas too, but we'll see how it goes.....

http://youtu.be/RhqNsDHo-58

Well, it's no one obscure I'm afraid Tiny Cowboy. But The Bluetones were a band that I utterly adored in the mid-90s. This is the other side of "Cut Some Rug" which was a little bit of a hit for them. As it happens I became mates with lead-singer Mark and will be watching him perform tonight - his current band contains at least two other former Bluetones. I nominate [MENTION=651]wadhurstseagull[/MENTION] who knows a thing or two....

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Another one timed out, I think. An indiepop classic from north of the border, like so many other classic songs.

[yt]wXlixuw7fh0[/yt]

[MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] to thrill us next....

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have had trouble all day accessing this page and had to resort to using work lap top.

Anyway here is something from 98 and the boy Gedge

And this from Helen Love

Over to [MENTION=2040]Staly[/MENTION]

Flex Your Head

For me this was Amelia and gang's best band:

That's a great track. I must admit, Marine Research kinda passed me by. I think I heard a few tracks which weren't particularly exciting, so stopped looking out for their stuff. I shall have to see if I can put that right.

For 2000 I've chosen this classic with a very long name (and a very long running time for an indie 7"). I remember hearing it on Peel and the guitar riff giving me a spine tingle which took forever to fade away. It's also very evocative of a tumultuous time in my life which, a few glasses of red wine inside me, has just come rushing back: *shudder*

Here's a great, rough, early live version:

And the polished article:

[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] would you do the honours for 2001 please?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here