Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia OUT banners - In favour or Not in favour

Hyypia OUT banners?

• Yes - Bin The Finn banners! The rot has to stop now.

Votes: 94 48.5%
  • Meh - am I bovered

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • No - Let's get behind the team instead (who cares we have only one once in 18)

Votes: 84 43.3%

• Total voters

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Really... I'm tired of all this b0ll0cks. Wake up and see wheOur home ground isn't being sold.
Our team isn't being torn apart.
Our future isn't being sold for a profit.

That said...

We're not playing very well.
We're in the relegation zone.
Things seem desperate.

In conclusion...

Grow the far cup and get behind the damn team. If you choose not to that's fine by me, but it means that I know how shallow and ignorant you are.

Apologies if you're upset by this but I've had a long, tiring afternoon in the pub and I'd rather all of the naysayers and mongers of doom would just shut up, shut up, shut up.

Call yourself a fan? No... really - call yourself a fan after half a season of poor results?!

Nah. You ain't. Whinge all you like but a fan you're not. That's it. I give up. I'll stick to my own version of being a fan and ignore your short-term, impatient, negative and ill-judged blandishments.
Thanks for saving me the trouble to type exactly,almost to the word, that.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Yes ...lets have lots of them cant believe some fans being upset over them .. bless.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I'm still on the fence with Hyppia, there is so much more to the problem than just him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm still on the fence with Hyppia, there is so much more to the problem than just him.
If i remember correctly you live in Wales and don't go to games. Is that right?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd just much rather sing the Oscar Garcia song.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Having been to every game, most had the team putting in a lot of effort being let down by individual mistakes at the back and poor finishing at the front. Yes, Sami has made some strange decisions, but so did Gus and Oscar, who both had far more experience.

I shall always support my team as I have for over fifty years. We have had some terrible managers at times, but Sami is nowhere near the bottom of the pile.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Having been to every game, most had the team putting in a lot of effort being let down by individual mistakes at the back and poor finishing at the front. Yes, Sami has made some strange decisions, but so did Gus and Oscar, who both had far more experience.

I shall always support my team as I have for over fifty years. We have had some terrible managers at times, but Sami is nowhere near the bottom of the pile.

But he must be quite close?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More banners the better,but would prefer chanting of hyppia out in which I don't thinks been sung yet..Shocking really.
I guess that most fans realise that hyppia and Jones are only part of the problem and this confuses fans big time.

Of course it's been sung. If you actually went to games, you would have heard it.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
Fair enough. I have fundamental concerns about how Hyypia sets his teams up, his lack of tactical nous and poor substitutions. I agree money needs to be spent, but that he shouldn't be the man in charge when it happens.

Hyppia wont be the man in charge when the money's spent as its not down to him, he does not get to choose. Burke is in charge of all signing and loaning of players and runs that side of the club. Personally on his record so far with the players he has bought in I wouldn't let him run a bath. I don't think Hyypia has a clue what he doing and would like to see the back of him but he can not be blamed for bringing in the wrong players.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Personally I think get behind the team as much as possible for 90 mins then have a show of feelings (chants/banners etc) AFTER the final whistle when it won't affect the team.

Want Hyppia out but the fact he dropped Gardner and played JFC further forward vs Wolves gives me some cause for optimism.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
There seem to be a fair few posters on this thread that are of the opinion that unfurling a banner against the manager and "getting behind the team" are mutually exclusive. Surely it's possible to do both? A banner is a visual medium and makes no sound. It's perfectly possible for somebody to put up a banner and then sing their lungs out for the team over the next 90 minutes.

As a rule of thumb, I am pro-protest. I don't pretend for one minute that our current troubles are anything like those we faced in the Archer era but where would we be now if we had sat passively by? Get your bedsheets out!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Personally I think get behind the team as much as possible for 90 mins then have a show of feelings (chants/banners etc) AFTER the final whistle when it won't affect the team.

Want Hyppia out but the fact he dropped Gardner and played JFC further forward vs Wolves gives me some cause for optimism.
That's exactly what happened on Saturday, the banner didn't come out until the game had finished.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The MORE the merrier. HOWEVER They need to be at the beginning of the game and not just when the opp score.

Fill the whole ground with them. Let Burke, Barber and Bloom KNOW

BIN THE FINN

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When Glenn Murray scores the opener for Reading on Friday, I reckon it'll get very ugly.

I'll avoid it all and check the result at the end of the evening.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Meh, the board are not going to get rid anytime soon so don't see what difference one or 101 banners would make.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The banners might not make the board anymore likely to SACK Semi but they could make it more likely that he'll WALK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here