Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I do rather fear we are in trouble :(

Oh dear, it seems my optimism regarding the rumours may have resulted in me hastily purchasing a season ticket for this season. I hope it turns around but it's beginning to feel like I might repent at leisure over that decision.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
It really is not in the interest of an agent to keep a transfer quiet. The Iranian's agent is a good example of this - contacting the press at every opportunity to put pressure on our club to increase the offer. We either deal with agents like him or wait till the end of the window and raid Wigan, Millwall & Blackpool of some of their players.

I can't say what the agents motives are. When entering negotiations with other clubs they may name us as another interested party or they may not - whichever they can use in their clients best interests I'd wager. It's probably worth pointing out that some agents do like to get clubs on side too. This can be especially helpful when attempting to drum up interst for young or unattached players who are under their care & guidance.

My main concern is with the person(s) who try to finalise the deals. Who are they? How do they go about it? Do they have a handle on their perceived failures? I know each negotiation is different and will involve different people but do we approach each one individually or do we have set guidelines to follow?

Alternatively, perhaps we as supporters are looking at this all wrong. Perhaps it's the case that we are still a small-time outfit just with a new set of facilities. Football's equivalent of a lottery winner. Maybe we were riding off of the back of Gus' self promotion - selling the new recruits on his the manager his and reputation. Perhaps all that excitement and goodwill has run out and we 'have reached our celling' I really don't know.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
How much longer are we supposed to wait? If we had a half-decent squad it wouldn't be as much of an issue that no business has been done yet, but the fact we've lost one of the 3 or 4 that weren't shit last season (Teixeira) and look set to lose another (Dunk), we need 4 or 5 quality players just to scrape together a squad capable of finishing above the drop zone. If we do the same as last season and bring in a load of players that clearly are not good enough right before the start of the season, we will be playing League 1 football in 2016-17.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am usually a glass 3/4 full person , as regards The Albion but am rather despondant at the moment and am expecting the worse but really hoping that we will get about 4 players all signed and revealed on 1st July.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am usually a glass 3/4 full person , as regards The Albion but am rather despondant at the moment and am expecting the worse but really hoping that we will get about 4 players all signed and revealed on 1st July.

now I know we are doomed:lolol:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Summer transfer window thread

Fulham have signed Ben Pringle and Andy Longeran. I would have liked to have seen Pringle here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Fulham have signed Ben Pringle and Andy Longeran. I would have liked to have seen Pringle here.

I have heard he is a crisp passer of the ball

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Liverpool sign Gomez from Charlton for 3.5 million, but loan him back to Charlton for the season.

I wonder if we can get a loan-back for Dunk ? ???

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Worth an offer?
d4f302008ae471833090658121d0d0f4.jpg

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Derby now apparently 'close' to signing Tom Ince for £4.5 million and Jason Shackell for £2 million.. They've already spent an 'undisclosed fee' on Scott Carson, £2 million on Weimann and undoubtedly some big wages/signing on fees on Bent et al. With no parachute payments, how are they planning on staying in line with FFP? Or have they just gone 'ah **** it, they don't have the balls to do anything anyway'?

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Derby now apparently 'close' to signing Tom Ince for £4.5 million and Jason Shackell for £2 million.. They've already spent an 'undisclosed fee' on Scott Carson, £2 million on Weimann and undoubtedly some big wages/signing on fees on Bent et al. With no parachute payments, how are they planning on staying in line with FFP? Or have they just gone 'ah **** it, they don't have the balls to do anything anyway'?

FFS Derby :ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here