Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Derby have signed Andi Weimann from Villa. They have now made 4 top quality signings and will surely get promoted next year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did I read somewhere that CH is STILL on holiday? I'll admit I'm getting a bit despondent with this nothingness of a team re-build. But with every day I hope for some news...

Is he still away, I am sure I read he is back on Monday but is it a simple holiday or working holiday. Which countries are still playing MLS, Australia so that he could be watching players?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Derby have signed Andi Weimann from Villa. They have now made 4 top quality signings and will surely get promoted next year.
We are meant to all relax about transfer business.

However, the fact is we need 6 new signings ( +1 if Dunk leaves ) ( +1 if COG leaves ) ( +1 if Walton goes out on loan ), and pre season starts in 2 weeks.

So much to do, So little time.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We are meant to all relax about transfer business.

However, the fact is we need 6 new signings ( +1 if Dunk leaves ) ( +1 if COG leaves ) ( +1 if Walton goes out on loan ), and pre season starts in 2 weeks.

So much to do, So little time.

Think we are being tight arses again to save on wages until the last possible moment and we know where that got us last season

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

This places our lack of transfer action well and truly into focus. We appear to be behaving like a tin pot club with no ambition ....yet again.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Think we are being tight arses again to save on wages until the last possible moment and we know where that got us last season

As each day goes by, our lack of decent signings becomes more and more depressing. Can we please GET ON WITH IT!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This places our lack of transfer action well and truly into focus. We appear to be behaving like a tin pot club with no ambition ....yet again.
Yet we appear to have identified at least one possible addition to the squad, offered good money to buy him, and presumably offered him a half decent wage (we may not be the highest wage payers in the division (not if Reading are paying £55K a week!) but we are at least slightly above average) - and the player has just turned round and said, "No thanks, I don't want to come to Brighton".

Worrying - but we don't seem to be behaving like a tin-pot club with no ambition. What is worrying is that in spite of our shiny new stadium and state of the art training complex - and the fact that we pay reasonable wages - players don't seem keen to come here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yet we appear to have identified at least one possible addition to the squad, offered good money to buy him, and presumably offered him a half decent wage (we may not be the highest wage payers in the division (not if Reading are paying £55K a week!) but we are at least slightly above average) - and the player has just turned round and said, "No thanks, I don't want to come to Brighton".

Worrying - but we don't seem to be behaving like a tin-pot club with no ambition. What is worrying is that in spite of our shiny new stadium and state of the art training complex - and the fact that we pay reasonable wages - players don't seem keen to come here.

I fear the reality is that we are probably now seen as a club totally lacking in ambition since we sold our all our best players and replaced them with dross and loans. Sad but true, we'll just have to bumble along and hope to stay up, anything better will be a pleasant surprise as decent players don't seem to want to come here anymore. Kayal being the exception but he was hardly in demand due to injuries. The feel good factor at this club has well and truly been put to rest.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Decent players don't seem to want to come here anymore...
So you're calling it now. *Every* signing we make this summer. And we will make 7-8 signings, several of which will involve £m fees and astonishingly high wages... given TB, Hughton, Barber have all said they're spending this summer. *All* of them won't be decent players ?
Is that correct ?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
So you're calling it now. *Every* signing we make this summer. And we will make 7-8 signings, several of which will involve £m fees and astonishingly high wages... given TB, Hughton, Barber have all said they're spending this summer. *All* of them won't be decent players ?
Is that correct ?

and you know this how?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At the end of the day, Ali wasn't the only player we were signing.

His agent was playing us, we weren't dancing to his tune and set a deadline. I suspect he was never going to sign for us, but was using our interest for other deals.

Fair enough, we did the right thing all along, from being ambitious with targetting him, to not getting strung along by his agent's antics.

But we still have NUL signings, which is getting to be a problem the closer we get to pre-season starting.

So let's get Murphy signed ( and not see him go to Bristol City ), get a left back, get Seb Blanco on loan, sign Rasmussen or another striker, and get it done soon.

And of course sort out the other players we need.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
and you know this how?

What else could happen ? We're going to start the season like Blackpool with a quad of 16 players ? , Bloom is lying ? Recruiting a striker doesn't involve a £m fee ? , we're going to be able to get players to come here without carrying on paying wages higher than most of the championship.

We might buy the wrong players. We might buy em too late. THey might be duffers. But they will be on expensive contracts. There will be 6-8 of em. and some will involve big fees. A couple might be on season long loans from the Prem. Like every other club in the league. except we spend more than most of em. What do you think will happen ?

Icy thinks they couldn't possibly be decent players. I'm sticking my neck out and hoping/praying/predicting a few of em just might be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is that correct ?

Don't you ever think that maybe we are not really that good at football matters at this club? We have been so fecking ineffective and head in the sand since Poyet left with the acquisition of players, whilst selling off anyone decent? I know I am a negative ******* but you seem to remain so positive despite the evidence being quite damning. I have seen absolutely nothing in the last two seasons to suggest that we are about to turn things around. Please don't quote the playoffs under Oscar, we got there in spite of the club's efforts rather than because of them.

No, I don't expect us to sign table topping players is the short answer...

Edit when I say not very good at football matters I don't mean on the selling side. We have done amazing business there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here