Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISIS sniper gets karma

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Just wait and see,the government will end up paying that scumbags family compensation,he was probably a loving chap,loved cricket and hoped to play for Man Utd one day.
I hope his poor family get looked after.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Just wait and see,the government will end up paying that scumbags family compensation,he was probably a loving chap,loved cricket and hoped to play for Man Utd one day.
I hope his poor family get looked after.

Why could,'t the SAS have been sent in to arrest him and bring him to the UK for a fair trial .

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Targets must be a bit thin on the ground if we are using expensive high-tech ordnance to kill one low-level ISIS scumbag. But I can see the value of sending a message that they can be targeted at any moment and shows the local population ISIS are not all powerful.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
of course this just bring up the point about state sponsored execution.

What if this sniper had been british?

Has our constitution been changed to say that the government is allowed to execute british citizens ? presumably Yes in a war zone?

Anyone remember the outcry when "death on teh Rock" came out where those IRA terrorists were executed on Gibraltar as they thought they were there to blow up the military garrison there.

I am playing devil's advocate here, BUT a good friend who is a member of "momentum" thinks that this is totally wrong, and it seems to be Corbyn's policy to stop this sort of thing. Be interesting if he gets in at the next election

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
of course this just bring up the point about state sponsored execution.

What if this sniper had been british?

Has our constitution been changed to say that the government is allowed to execute british citizens ? presumably Yes in a war zone?

Anyone remember the outcry when "death on teh Rock" came out where those IRA terrorists were executed on Gibraltar as they thought they were there to blow up the military garrison there.

I am playing devil's advocate here, BUT a good friend who is a member of "momentum" thinks that this is totally wrong, and it seems to be Corbyn's policy to stop this sort of thing. Be interesting if he gets in at the next election

We'll Corbyn has a great history of dealing with terrorists and dictators alike, so he would struggle with this one. Those from the Islington dining set have a conscience, but not when it comes to sending other peoples sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, uncles etc to war. Corbyn declared that he would increase the anti terrorist numbers in our police force subsequent to the Borough Markets attack, will he train these new recruits to talk to these terrorist to stop them or will they be trained to stop them with lethal force. British or not, they have to be stopped, as for death on the rock, it was happening almost on w eekly basis in Northern Ireland, it just wasn't reported as such.

Do we have a constitution in this country?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Targets must be a bit thin on the ground if we are using expensive high-tech ordnance to kill one low-level ISIS scumbag. But I can see the value of sending a message that they can be targeted at any moment and shows the local population ISIS are not all powerful.

Sending a message back home that 'we're striking back' as well. Interesting that they chose now, and this particular strike. This could have been some time ago, and presumably has been chosen over many similar strikes for public consumption. Would have been carefully chosen for many reasons. Can't help but agree with you though, the missile itself is about £100k, then you have the drone fuel, operating base set up, the controllers, senior officers. Quite a balance sheet for a single target, which although only 1 man, could lead to many lives saved of course.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
This sort of thing bound to worry any ISIS individual.....Shows that wherever they are they can be taken out.........Hellfire missile........ Hell of a missile!. Good shooting !!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sending a message back home that 'we're striking back' as well. Interesting that they chose now, and this particular strike. This could have been some time ago, and presumably has been chosen over many similar strikes for public consumption. Would have been carefully chosen for many reasons. Can't help but agree with you though, the missile itself is about £100k, then you have the drone fuel, operating base set up, the controllers, senior officers. Quite a balance sheet for a single target, which although only 1 man, could lead to many lives saved of course.

Good point. Firing and guiding in that missile with a crowd of terrified civilians so close is quite a responsibility. One small mistake and ISIS have a propaganda victory. Warfare in the 21st century is becoming more and more like computer games/simulations. Probably not long before we have remotely controlled aircraft, tanks, ships eventually even AI soldiers. Rise of the machines ..

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Good point. Firing and guiding in that missile with a crowd of terrified civilians so close is quite a responsibility. One small mistake and ISIS have a propaganda victory. Warfare in the 21st century is becoming more and more like computer games/simulations. Probably not long before we have remotely controlled aircraft, tanks, ships eventually even AI soldiers. Rise of the machines ..

Clone Wars. But who will play the starring role of The Emperor ? Donald Trump or Kim Yong Un

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This sort of thing bound to worry any ISIS individual.....Shows that wherever they are they can be taken out.........Hellfire missile........ Hell of a missile!. Good shooting !!

Some of them will be quite happy to strap one around their waste and let it off. They're not renowned for thinking about life in the same logical way you or I might.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Islamic State 'execution' stopped by RAF drone in Syria

The RAF has released footage of a drone being used to stop a public killing that was about to be staged by so-called Islamic State (IS) in Syria.

The BBC's Jonathan Beale visited the command centre in Qatar that is co-ordinating the campaign against IS.

This is first time British media has been allowed there.

:)

Video link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...state-execution-stopped-by-raf-drone-in-syria

Good.

Armed coward becomes dust.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here