spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Always wet shave

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I wet shave every weekday, but not weekends. I use a brush and fancy shaving cream, just to try to keep things interesting and slightly pretentious. Problem is, a tub of shaving cream lasts so long that it soon gets boring again. However, I like the ritual and it's better for your skin than the stuff out of the aerosols.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Always wet shaved until 3 months ago and gave the Philips One Blade a try.
It doesn't absolutely give a pristine smooth clean shave, but it's damn good, and bloody quick too.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I do wet shave, and I think it's ridiculous the price they charge for replacement razor blades (those Gillette style ones).... I think there is definitely scope for new players to enter the market and thrive.

I think the same, but having used the 'Cornerstone' alternative I am staying with Gillette, unfortunately for my wallet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I use a Gillette Fusion but did once use a disposable while on holiday, never again. Does any body still use the old fashioned screw top razors that you put the blade in.?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Tried wet once at 15/16 and cut myself a few times - dry electric now for over 40 years ...

I too once had my bo11ocks shaved - was prep for a vasectomy and the missus did it - she joked: "would you like me to do he vasectomy too?" - so true "your families future is in their hands" ....

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yes, every day, have used a electric a few times but only cheap end of the market and never get a close enough shave. Used to use exclusively Gillette razors but have switched over to Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 which seems to do a pretty decent job. Always use King of Shaves gel, rather than foam or foaming gel.

I use a Gillette Fusion but did once use a disposable while on holiday, never again. Does any body still use the old fashioned screw top razors that you put the blade in.?

Oddly, I use Gillette but forgot to take it on Holiday so got a couple of single blade cheap Bics, they are just as good.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is a big fan of wet shaving - particularly going against the hair

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wet shave, better than dry shave.
Anyway I'd end up looking like Brian Blesseds stunt double, in beard terms :eek:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Used to use Gillette but now use Men Rock - excellent shave cream and razor and replacement blades cost about 5p...

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Gillette Blue II and a really nice creamy shower gel - job done. Got so fed up of those ridiculous prices for Fusion and all that crap.

Yup, Gillette Blue II every morning.
Ran out of them a couple of weeks ago and foolishly bought something from Aldi that looked similar. Bad mistake.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No. It's a complete and total waste of time. I've got better things to do in the morning.

I get mine clipped every few weeks either by myself or at the hairdressers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does any body still use the old fashioned screw top razors that you put the blade in.?

Yes, I do - they give a great close shave. I'm toying with the idea of getting one of the old-fashioned cut-throat blades.

I tried an electric razor when I was about 18 and it was a total waste of money, had to go over it with a proper razor.

It'll be wet shaving until I die now.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yes, I do - they give a great close shave. I'm toying with the idea of getting one of the old-fashioned cut-throat blades.

Do it !
There's a bit of a learning curve but it's very satisfying.
Avoid anything made in Pakistan though, terrible steel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here