Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer outs

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm tipping Sidwell and Bong to leave. Be suprised if Norwood is kept part of a 25 man squad. Think Uwe could also be forced out.
Murphy must also be under scrutiny

Stumpy Tim

Wouldn't be surprised to see Skalak and Murphy sold to good championship teams. Sidwell could well go too. I don't think we'll buy another centre half, but probably a right-back. We'll definitely buy one, probably two, strikers

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who do we think the club will be looking to offload?
O'grady
Kll
BFG
Forren
Maanpaa
Hopefully not Stephens and stocky
Possibly a couple of others?

Of your list I would suggest COG and Lua Lua only the rest are all reliable experienced back up that we will need provided they are willing to accept that position. We can neither afford nor wish to go out and buy a new team.

I would add Sidwell, Murphy/ Skalak and possibly Henmed or SB to the list if we can sign a proven striker

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Who do we think the club will be looking to offload?
O'grady
Kll
BFG
Forren
Maanpaa
Hopefully not Stephens and stocky
Possibly a couple of others?

Why do this? Surely we can let the squad enjoy the hopeful promotion before discussing who to get rid of.

For what it's worth, I'd be very surprised to see BFG go now given his recent form and we need three keepers so I expect Maenpaa will be offered a new deal along with Stockdale and a third keeper signed (with Walton going out on loan again)

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Of your list I would suggest COG and Lua Lua only the rest are all reliable experienced back up that we will need provided they are willing to accept that position. We can neither afford nor wish to go out and buy a new team.

I only put those 3 in as they (cbs) are 4th and 5th choice we might need stronger up a ring and a better backup to challenge stocky not out the realms of possibility

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter
Why do this? Surely we can let the squad enjoy the hopeful promotion before discussing who to get rid of.

For what it's worth, I'd be very surprised to see BFG go now given his recent form and we need three keepers so I expect Maenpaa will be offered a new deal along with Stockdale and a third keeper signed (with Walton going out on loan again)

This, lets thank all sincerely for their contributions large and small for what has truly been a squad effort (not finished) this season. I for one am slightly uneasy in this premature 'lets show the following the door' discussion

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Would Maenpaa be happy to continue as No 2 or would he want to go to be a No 1 possibly replace DS if as the rumours go he signs to sit on the bench for Chelsea. In which case Walton would possibly move up to No2 if CH considers he is ready.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

I would add Sidwell, Murphy/ Skalak and possibly Henmed or SB to the list if we can sign a proven striker

Surely, after the last two seasons the majority of our squad have earned the right to be given the opportunity to prove themselves in the Premier league.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Surely, after the last two seasons the majority of our squad have earned the right to be given the opportunity to prove themselves in the Premier league.

Any of the players who have been in more than 10 matchday squads should feel they have a place next season. We will probably look to sign GK, RB, LB, CM/AM, LM & 2 Strikers purely for squad competition plus and players a la Duffy if we have the option of signing someone who will improve the line up and strengthen the side.

I hate to see a wholesale change of personnel at great cost as staying up should be the only aim before considering to blow big money

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's one thing talking about players we might like to see brought in - we all know that we will be trying to strengthen the squad for next season, that's just common sense - but to start discussing which of our wonderful players who have collectively got us to the top of the Championship should get the chop is beyond the pale. Bin this thread now!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think it will all depend on when their contracts are due to run out. Anyone with 2 years still left and they have played a decent part this season then they will probably get the opportunity to try and fight for their place against any new signings.

They might become back up players, if they want to stay and even sometimes that they up their game, might end up being stars in the PL. I would worry about someone like Jamie because his contract runs out next year. With him I would think it would all depend whether he would accept a one year or 2 year extension. The ones at risk will be the ones who's Agents insist on a 3 year contract renewal.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would Maenpaa be happy to continue as No 2 or would he want to go to be a No 1 possibly replace DS if as the rumours go he signs to sit on the bench for Chelsea. In which case Walton would possibly move up to No2 if CH considers he is ready.

To be fair, I didn't say Maenpaa would accept it. I expect he'll be offered a new deal but whether he takes it or now, who knows.

Utterly disrespectful to the squad as a whole, who are after all "Together"

Every single one of them will have my unending respect for what we/they are about to achieve*

*Hopefully

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here