Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would anyone take 4 points from the Burton + Ipswich games?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
No. But on the basis of Reading/Huddersfield's fixture list. We have a tough run with Reading and Newcastle. If we can increase our buffer or match what Huddersfield or Reading achieve at a bare minimum.

Truthfully, yesterday was a kick in the teeth, but we fought back and showed that attitude that we've had for the past two seasons. The wheels are not coming off, the bearings need a bit of lube.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I wouldn't take less than 3 from Burton. We have 6 whole days to prepare. I'd only accept 1 point from Ipswich IF we went into that game with more injuries or suspensions and so had a depleted line-up. Basically though no, I want and expect 6 points

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No...6 points as a minimum. If we can squeeze another point in there too, by getting 10 goals without reply then that would be super cool man.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There writes someone who hasn't looked at the fixture list. :lol:
I've looked at them now, and I'm still non the wiser. We'll all have 8 games left. We're currently 6 points ahead of Huddersfield, 5 ahead of Reading with a game in hand - why would you be happy if we were just a point ahead with 8 games to go?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've looked at them now, and I'm still non the wiser. We'll all have 8 games left. We're currently 6 points ahead of Huddersfield, 5 ahead of Reading with a game in hand - why would you be happy if we were just a point ahead with 8 games to go?

Because we won't get relegated.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because we won't get relegated.
What are you on about? We'll be mathematically safe before then. I still can't see the relevance of the 1st April.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Would anyone take 4 points from the Burton + Ipswich games?

I`m pretty sure some of the lower placed sides would be delighted to gain four points from Burton and Ipswich !!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Brighton come in to this game having drawn level with Brentford in the 97th Minute. Burton come in to this game having WON against Wolves in the 94th minute. Both on a high.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I wouldn't take less than 3 from Burton. We have 6 whole days to prepare. I'd only accept 1 point from Ipswich IF we went into that game with more injuries or suspensions and so had a depleted line-up. Basically though no, I want and expect 6 points

Ipswich are not the team they have been, they are there for the taking.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I wouldn't take 4pts because that should be the minimum we expect. Well aware of the NO EASY GAME cliche, but these are two bottom half sides and we are at home.

I don't expect 6, but we need 6 due to the fixtures of the chasing pack, at least one of them is going to get 6pts.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There is no home game where I think "a draw will be a decent result" , not this season. Of course there are circumstances that arise during the game that can then lead me to think, I would take a draw now, but before kick off? No way!
On the other hand, a draw in any away game is ok by me, we should not be playing for one anywhere, but away from home, not losing is ahead of winning.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just need to stop Tom Lawrence!

This. McGoldrick is back from injury, and together they make a dangerous pairing. Note that Lawrence remains on 9 yellows: one more at the weekend will see him banned for our match. Skuse went off injured Saturday, for info.

We should have the quality to see off Burton comfortably. A positive start and get plenty of ball to Knocky and Solly, please.

PG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No.

The odds are we won't win both, and 4 points wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd rather roll the dice and hope for more.

Odds, schmodds. And, anyway, whose odds? Recent form suggests that we will win both: we've won our last five at home. And if we want to go up automatically, home games -- and especially home games against lower half teams -- are must-wins.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Odds, schmodds. And, anyway, whose odds?
The bookies. We're odds on to win on Saturday, and might be odds on for the Ipswich game too, but we'll be odds against to win both.

Recent form suggests that we will win both
Not really, you can't just cherry pick the results you want. Although they're home games, our away games are part of our form too, and it's dropped. We might also continue to miss key players.
if we want to go up automatically, home games -- and especially home games against lower half teams -- are must-wins.
Well we certainly hope we win them, but you can be sure that whichever teams do finish top two, they won't have won all their home games against lower half teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here