Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stats...You do the maths

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
There is a name not been mentioned who he signed and obviously rates highly Becchio, could he do the strikers job.

Becchio was signed in a swap deal with Steve Morison agreed by the board and basically it was a no lose gamble as Morison had to go and Becchio was offered by Leeds. Barely ever played, not sure he even scored and loaned to Doncaster a while back. Surprised we didn't loan him to someone like you recently who needed strikers as clearly doesn't have a future with us and no manager has rated him since he joined despite his form previously for Leeds. But collecting nice wages for doing sod all.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Maybe I phrased that badly but I meant 5x i.e 20 wins.
Scoring the first goal is not as important as keeping a clean sheet though.

Oh right, I see. That is pretty awful then. It should have been clear from the numbers what you meant; I did a poor job of calculating.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This thread is confusing. Surely, by definition, if you are presenting statistics, then someone has already done the maths?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It was pretty much job done with 6 games to go. Pro football is about doing the job required and they did. Not pretty but it's not a circus.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Only stat that matters is we stayed up. Would we have done so with a full season of Sami? I very much doubt it

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
This thread is confusing. Surely, by definition, if you are presenting statistics, then someone has already done the maths?

Purely putting stats out there so that fans can see at a glance what they might not see unless looking for it. Sacking or changing a manager does not necessarily rectify what is inherently embedded problems at the club. I only judge Hughton on what I'm watching during any given game and the end result, the same as it was when Hyypia was in the hot seat and to me the difference between the two isn't as far apart as I imagined it to be.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A 'small sample' stat but one that may be worth looking into is the attack the North Stand first stat. On the rare occasion it has happened I felt we did well?!
Then integrate similar from The Goldstone, with variations regarding formations, opposition formations, weather and stuff then it might become clear.

We stayed up, roll on 2015/2016.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Becchio was signed in a swap deal with Steve Morison agreed by the board and basically it was a no lose gamble as Morison had to go and Becchio was offered by Leeds. Barely ever played, not sure he even scored and loaned to Doncaster a while back. Surprised we didn't loan him to someone like you recently who needed strikers as clearly doesn't have a future with us and no manager has rated him since he joined despite his form previously for Leeds. But collecting nice wages for doing sod all.

He sounds like he would have been absolutely ideal.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

he ticks all the boxes for us then a shoe in for a summer signing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On the face of it that is absolutely diabolical! Do you have any comparative data for other clubs? I realise that's a bit much to ask but you do seem like you might have a few databases lying about the place :wink:

Not for any other specific team, but our record when taking the lead is:

P107 W74 D22 L11

(both sets of data are since we moved to the amex)

Could someone post the stats of BHA home results since we move to the Amex, I think that might show some interesting facts about the home performances.

2011/12
W 11(3 cup)
D 8 (1)
L 4 (1)

2012/13
W 11 (1)
D 9
L 4* (1)

2013/14
W 10 (1)
D 7 (1)
L 7* (1)

2014/15
W 6 (1)
D 8
L 9 (1)

*Includes play off semi final.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Brighton's record in the last 97 games in which they have gone behind is

W4 D32 L61

Good point, but that original stat (if true) is W0 D0 L18. What this says is that Hughton sets the team up to keep a clean sheet, and doesn't have much of a clue how to respond once that's been breached. That rings true with what I've witnessed in the half a season that I've seen under him.

As a point of comparison, it'd be interesting to see United's stats under Ferguson when conceding the first goal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Good point, but that original stat (if true) is W0 D0 L18. What this says is that Hughton sets the team up to keep a clean sheet, and doesn't have much of a clue how to respond once that's been breached. That rings true with what I've witnessed in the half a season that I've seen under him.

As a point of comparison, it'd be interesting to see United's stats under Ferguson when conceding the first goal.

That wasn't lost on me. But I didn't have Hughton specific (except that we've lost all the games we trailed in under Hughton, which is 10), and didn't have the time (or to be honest, inclination) to go through his time with Norwich.

I was merely adding that our record when going behind isn't great, so even if Hughton isn't good with going behind, it's pretty much par for the course with us (at least since getting to the amex).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here