Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Substitutions!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Soon as the second went in was the time to make changes Murray was a handful in the box and Knockhaert was causing problems shame

CH said Murray had only trained for 2 days, don't think he would have been fit enough for over 30 min, wouldn't want him breaking down. Need to get his fitness back over next 2 weeks. Maybe Knockhaert could have come on sooner but without a target man probably wouldn't have had the same impact.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In Lord Hughton I trust, would have liked to have seen Murray earlier but we didn't really want to risk him too much today with 2 big games coming up after the international break.

Absolutely. Me too.CH is an excellent manager, I'm delighted he's ours; he has done a great job - and still is. I myself - and I suspect many of my fellow amateur pundits - would like to see substitutions made just a little earlier (and sometimes more attack minded), in just the same way that we would like to see corners and set-pieces defended with nine men rather than ten (with one runner left up on the half way line) - but, with CH, that just ain't going to happen. It may irk us slightly, but it's part of the CH package - and overall that's a package I'd want to keep at the Albion.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I honestly think he is playing down the 'lost' games (v the top 6) and playing damage limitations tactics.

if we defend stoutly and nick one from a counter attack or set piece then fine. But the plan is to ensure we do not get:

- Whipped (goal difference at the end of the season may worth a point)

- Demoralised and lose confidence

- Suffer injuries or suspensions.

That is all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe they should ban any substitutions after that then?
Actually, thinking about it, a cut off point for substitutions (70 minutes? 75 minutes?) might not be a bad idea. Those time-wasting in time-added-on substitutions are pretty irritating, as are the very late ones where the substitute has no chance of affecting the game. I wouldn't mind seeing it given a trial.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Actually, thinking about it, a cut off point for substitutions (70 minutes? 75 minutes?) might not be a bad idea. Those time-wasting in time-added-on substitutions are pretty irritating, as are the very late ones where the substitute has no chance of affecting the game. I wouldn't mind seeing it given a trial.

If the game is a draw on 70 minutes they should blindfold a player on each team every 5 minutes until someone scores. Entertainment right there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the game is a draw on 70 minutes they should blindfold a player on each team every 5 minutes until someone scores. Entertainment right there.

That is a rubbish idea. Apologies if it's meant to be funny.................................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here