Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Travel

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have used this service for last 2 games for first time. Fantastic. I park easily off Carden Avenue and bus picks up about 45mins before k.o. Guarenteed seat coming back leaving about 30/40 mins after game. Appreciate small cost involved but now cant understand why I have spent 4 seasons driving to park and ride. Always a few seats available . I never realised what a good service it was .

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I use them as well and am so glad I do considering the shambles that the train service is in.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
They are ok, it depends what bus and who is driving and or organising. If I go on my usual bus it's a brilliant service! I can't fault it. If it's an earlier one, the woman that ticks the names off can be a bit argumentative and not that good from a customer service point of view. I book the 10pm after an evening match which is the gig this woman does (a conductor or whatever she is) If you turn up between 9.55pm and 10 o'clock, for a 10pm departure, you get accused of being late or they go without you! I showed my booking email once to prove the bus was supposed to depart at 10, and she told me that she isn't seagull travel, but an outsourced company working for them and she doesn't care what the email says. Charming woman.

Last edited:

theboybilly

Ive decided to give Seagulls Travel a go this season as I enjoy a pre-match pint in Hove. The bus picks me up from outside Hove station and back again, and I can still get a beer in after an evening match should I wish. I'm not one for hanging about freezing concourses drinking out of plastic glasses in December or January so ST seems to fit the bill for me. I cant fault it thus far except for a couple of occasions theyve changed the return bus for some reason (eg. from a double-decker to a,single-decker)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Great to see Seagulls Travel doing well. May they they live long and prosper. Tho what a damning indictment of the wretches at SASTA when fans from as nearby as Hove and Portslade feel the need to book coach travel at added expense to ensure a comfortable and convenient mode of transport to and from the Amex. Shocking really.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
North west Seagulls and Midsussex seagulls run buses it the best way to go you can have couple of pints and seat and travel with like minded fans. I understand the need to travel by trains but it's been a nightmare this season. And well done to seagull travel they bring fans from areas that don't have good connections by train especially from Burwash in Kent.:nono:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Were it not for Seagull Travel I couldn't do evening matches - or not easily anyway (and let's face it relying on the vagaries of SASTA is particularly stupid if you don't have to). Saturday matches are certainly an improvement too after doing the park and ride for a few years

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I used seagull travel for the first 2 seasons. They provide a great service and makes the job of getting to and from the Amex so much easier. -

Decided I'd save myself some money and moved on to Public Transport though which to be fair used to be not that bad. Plus now if I want to stay for a drink after the game I can.

Miss it on a Tuesday night though.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
North west Seagulls and Midsussex seagulls run buses it the best way to go you can have couple of pints and seat and travel with like minded fans. I understand the need to travel by trains but it's been a nightmare this season. And well done to seagull travel they bring fans from areas that don't have good connections by train especially from Burwash in Kent.:nono:

Burwash is in East Sussex!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm seriously considering using them from Polegate. Does anyone know what time they leave Polegate before an evening KO and from the Amex afterwards and anyone have good/bad experiences of using them from Polegate?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm seriously considering using them from Polegate. Does anyone know what time they leave Polegate before an evening KO and from the Amex afterwards and anyone have good/bad experiences of using them from Polegate?

We have used them for the last two night matches and on the whole were good. Pick up has been bang on 18.30 and get to the Amex just before 19.00. All buses leave the Amex at 10pm but for both matches there have been roadworks coming home with delays of 45 minutes for the Rotherham game and 10 minutes on Tuesday. I guess on a clear run it about 20 minutes back.

Only issue, which I have in fact just emailed seagulls travel about, is that it is £3.00 + the standard £9.25 fare (plus £1 booking fee) BUT its only +£1.60 from Eastbourne (on a different bus) and +£2.00 from Willingdon on the same bus. For the three of us its £37.75 extra a match which is a massive cost compared to £0.00 by train from Polegate.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Polegate 6:30pm £12.25 They leave at 10pm for League games.

We have used them for the last two night matches and on the whole were good. Pick up has been bang on 18.30 and get to the Amex just before 19.00. All buses leave the Amex at 10pm but for both matches there have been roadworks coming home with delays of 45 minutes for the Rotherham game and 10 minutes on Tuesday. I guess on a clear run it about 20 minutes back.

Only issue, which I have in fact just emailed seagulls travel about, is that it is £3.00 + the standard £9.25 fare (plus £1 booking fee) BUT its only +£1.60 from Eastbourne (on a different bus) and +£2.00 from Willingdon on the same bus. For the three of us its £37.75 extra a match which is a massive cost compared to £0.00 by train from Polegate.

Cheers both of you. Do you know at all if you were to book it, but didn't use it from Polegate to Falmer, and only used it/wanted to use it from Falmer to Polegate afterwards, if that would be okay, or would you be assumed to be a 'no show'? Tuesday night I had no issue getting to Falmer by train and got there in good time, it was the getting back that was the problem and I can see that scenario being repeated.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Cheers both of you. Do you know at all if you were to book it, but didn't use it from Polegate to Falmer, and only used it/wanted to use it from Falmer to Polegate afterwards, if that would be okay, or would you be assumed to be a 'no show'? Tuesday night I had no issue getting to Falmer by train and got there in good time, it was the getting back that was the problem and I can see that scenario being repeated.

Yeah that's fine. You can email them (the earlier the better) if you have time or just do a no show. They won't wait if you are not there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I've used ST a few times and generally only use it to get home. Just put a comment in the box when you book that you'll not be on the way out but on the way back.

You'll enjoy the frantic coach park hunt trying to find your coach, as you'll not know where it's parked!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I use ST and find them good, however they insist on a booking fee for cup games etc. Why? Surely they are just doing their job. I cannot recall booking fees on other transport.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I think you can book it one way

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here