Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It may be that, however don't forget that he can also stay with NEC where he will be in the Eredivisie and is loved by the fans. Alireza is now well known in Holland as a promising young player, many clubs are interested in him but, they are not willing to pay the amount that NEC is asking.

Also, in Iranian media there is a lot of talk about his agent (Amir Hashemi) being a 'dick' and looking to get the highest offer so he can have a good amount of the money too. Anyway, Alireza wants to be guaranteed when he comes to Brighton he will be playing alongside good players so that he can fight for promotion.

I understand that you have pedigree, dynastic qualities, etc, and what part of the globe you come from, but can you enlighten us all on the provenance of what you utter.

Felicitations.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He should be made to walk on hot coals to prove his love for the Albion.

Only then should we consider singing him. Maybe after a yes or no poll on NSC or something.

His agent should be made to deep clean the toilet floors in the Palace toilets as they're STILL FILTHY!

Only then will he be accepted by the masses after turning us down, the cheeky bugger.

Corrected for you. Twice.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Agent in trying to talk up interest to get best deal shocker

This could easily still come off for us but trying to vilify the player for his agent trying to drum up interest and start a bidding war is silly in the extreme

Fingers crossed on this one as seems an interesting prospect and we are crying out for someone defenders may actually be concerned about playing against

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Seriously? They looked far from a league winning side that night, and the telly commentators agreed. Kayal bossed the midfield; we just didn't have anyone to put the ball in the net.

Agree with this, the turning point was when King Kayal went off injured and we lost the midfield, Ince was all over the show.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps, but turning down is similar in most languages, I would suggest.

There are better ways of playing for time and the agent appears to have been a bit naive.

Google translate, even for seemingly common phrases, is not a great translation service. You can't say he should have worded it better, then ignore that the words you're saying he used wrongly are ones he never used, they are a computer programme's approximate translation of what he said in another language.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Google translate, even for seemingly common phrases, is not a great translation service. You can't say he should have worded it better, then ignore that the words you're saying he used wrongly are ones he never used, they are a computer programme's approximate translation of what he said in another language.

The Tehran Times articles are in English, they are not translated.

He has said in there he does not want to make a quick decision, he wants to stay in Holland and the Championship would not help his development. He also claimed to have an offer from AZ, maybe that didn't meet the valuation and he is suddenly running out of options.

Can't believe his current clubs fans can be impressed with him pimping himself around Europe!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he's a decent player, and if we get him... happy days.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Why are people being so precious? If he signs, great. If not, he's got a better offer. We obviously rate him and based on our signings so far, I have faith that he's a good enough player to have are the effort over.

Besides, I don't recall him actually saying anything and it's hardly headline news that an agent is being a dick and doing all the talking. If he'd signed in two weeks time under Tomer's circumstances we'd all be delighted, the only noisy factor is the agent hawking his wares.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Oh Alireza,
The Diamond Geezer,
He came from Tehran,
To bring us joy,
Thinks Danny Holla
Is Ayatollah,
Please don't take Ali-reza away

....coat.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The agent is playing a dangerous game if no one else comes in for him. We have met his valuation with his club which is positive. If a player has a chance of joining a pre-season training camp, one would hope they'd take it. Alireza's one of the two signings this week? Hopefully.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
@Persian Prince seems confident, and therefore so am I. He is obviously someone very much in the know and authorised by the club to say stuff here. I reckon he's also the same person as [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] who makes intriguing posts.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
@Persian Prince seems confident, and therefore so am I. He is obviously someone very much in the know and authorised by the club to say stuff here. I reckon he's also the same person as [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] who makes intriguing posts.

Can you explain why it's obvious that the club have authorised him to say stuff on NSC?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why are people being so precious? If he signs, great. If not, he's got a better offer.
I don't know why, but football fans do get a bit prescious at times. Maybe because we're stuck with the albion for life no matter how bad it gets, they find it hard to accept when wealthy overpaid mid level players have no loyalty, or dis' us.

@Persian Prince seems confident, and therefore so am I. He is obviously someone very much in the know and authorised by the club to say stuff here. I reckon he's also the same person as @NooBHA
If he's someone with inside knowledge, why the need for two accounts, which both share that knowledge? But weird if true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here