Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale in the bottom 3

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Let's be honest loses concentration, weak hands, flaps at crosses cost us the title last season. Had his moments but would of got slaughtered in the PL.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sounds a lot, but that's modest compared to first-choice Prem goalkeepers, and modest compared to what he's getting now.

If he's on £30k at Birmingham, his new contract could have been worth SIX TIMES what Albion put on the table, and that's not including the sign-on bonus.

And he gets to play football every week rather than warming a bench.

Yes, but he could have warmed quite a lot of the bench!

May 26, 2004
Hassocks
So, based on what we know now, had he stayed he’d have been our 2nd keeper with no premier league games and a years contract. Just because Birmingham want him sold, doesn’t mean he has to leave - he just has to sit tight for the next 2 years of his contract and take the cash. Quite sure he won’t be coming back, as great as he was for us during hit time with us.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Not a fan of this Stockdale bashing, helped us get promoted and couldn't get a deal that suited him. Why the need to laugh at his current misfortunes?

I hope he has a great season and wish him well.

Agreed and was sorry when he left so wish him well. Very happy with Mat Ryan though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Let's be honest loses concentration, weak hands, flaps at crosses cost us the title last season. Had his moments but would of got slaughtered in the PL.

I was no great fan of David Stockdale, but l think that is a trifle harsh. It certainly wasn't that one mistake at Villa Park that cost us the title, more our inability to get the required extra point at Norwich, and then at home to Bristol City the week before.

Either way we have come out of it well, we now have a far better goalkeeper in Maty Ryan.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No one said that at the time. We were all very keen on him stayed.

Exactly. Not brilliant, but more than capable and pivotal in our promotion year.

I like Ryan but would have been happy for Stocko to have stayed, still probably the best ‘passer’ of the ball I’ve seen for a goalie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here