Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Banter - just an excuse for otherwise socially unacceptable behaviour

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Very apt for someone with his arm down a U bend looking for a scapegoat. He didn't use to be so angry.
Stick the U bend up your arse

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This is pretty good banter: Footballer Eni Aluko tells the parliamentary inquiry over racism that FA chief executive Martin Glenn asked her to make a written statement that "the FA was not institutionally racist" and in return "the FA would consider" releasing the second portion of an agreed financial settlement.

Thus showing they are institutionally racist.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
[emoji38][emoji38]
That's how your Dad got impregnated and gave birth to you. Banter is great when used in fun.
At least mine was funny [emoji16]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What is most worrying is the way the line keeps creeping imperceptibly forward. What was acceptable yesterday will cause offence tomorrow. I don’t generally have a problem with this. Society evolves, values change. Once upon a time I felt superior to racists, male chauvinist pigs and apologists for an outdated unaccountable establishment. Today I instinctively see the value of tradition, the wisdom of middle-age and the tragedy of common sense being eroded by the baleful influence of the snowflake generation.

That is my immediate (emotional?) response but, on reflection, I can appreciate thati it is me who is struggling to find the energy to adapt. Just like I once leapt out of bed to face the day, I now have to sit down to put my socks on. What was once easy is now bloody hard work.

Anyway, all of this is as it should be. I am the problem. However, what really worries me is that what I do today may be judged by the values of tomorrow. And if that insidious line has crept too far I will be unjustifiably found guilty for something that would have been laughed out of court today. From the outside looking in and unburdened by facts or details to support this argument, I really do sense that an ever-increasing number of people leading ordinary lives are being caught in this pernicious trap.

Mind you, one of the universities I work with has replaced M/F with 15 different gender identities. WTF?

This, including the WTF

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Dont worry Wrong -Direction is probably a heart surgeon or some kind of Nuclear physicist ( but reading his posts I very much doubt it) thats why he thinks all soldiers are thick......Little does he know what qualifications some branches of the Army have....( and I was RAF)
I'm talking about the cannon fodder.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stick the U bend up your arse

Reading your totally OTT comments about soldiers, I wonder if the attack was unprovoked. I am not excusing it, but on this thread you hardly come over as the innocent bystander.
Luckily I don't give a flying **** whether you believe me or not.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
What is most worrying is the way the line keeps creeping imperceptibly forward. What was acceptable yesterday will cause offence tomorrow. I don’t generally have a problem with this. Society evolves, values change. Once upon a time I felt superior to racists, male chauvinist pigs and apologists for an outdated unaccountable establishment. Today I instinctively see the value of tradition, the wisdom of middle-age and the tragedy of common sense being eroded by the baleful influence of the snowflake generation.

That is my immediate (emotional?) response but, on reflection, I can appreciate thati it is me who is struggling to find the energy to adapt. Just like I once leapt out of bed to face the day, I now have to sit down to put my socks on. What was once easy is now bloody hard work.

Anyway, all of this is as it should be. I am the problem. However, what really worries me is that what I do today may be judged by the values of tomorrow. And if that insidious line has crept too far I will be unjustifiably found guilty for something that would have been laughed out of court today. From the outside looking in and unburdened by facts or details to support this argument, I really do sense that an ever-increasing number of people leading ordinary lives are being caught in this pernicious trap.

Mind you, one of the universities I work with has replaced M/F with 15 different gender identities. WTF?

Brilliant post.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
ITV News in their opening ding ding blurb said the footballer was racially abused. That didn't seem to be backed up by the detailed story, but maybe I am missing something.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Military types come from all walks of life chap.
It's those thick c**ts that give their lives to fight the maniacs of this planet, bent on world destruction.
I know I know, I'd never do their job, I was just pointing out the ones I've been in contact with haven't been pleasant

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Idiotic comparison to make about today's hearing. Did you actually watch any of it?

I was in the RAF, the same time as [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION]
What he speaks about is old school banter.
There was a lot of mickey taking in the military, it was what made you harden up to life in the forces.
Of course you didn't have to take it, there was a choice, but joining in with the banter was great fun, even if it was directed at yourself or someone else.
Personally I had the piss taken out of me, and I gave it back.
You may have come across the odd spanner, but not all were like that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know I know, I'd never do their job, I was just pointing out the ones I've been in contact with haven't been pleasant

I wasn't having a dig :thumbsup:, it's like here on NSC, you have different opinions, SOH and views.
It'll be really boring if all were conspiracy theorists on here :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here