Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] New Caravan Park in Croydon?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is all rather exciting. I've heard the plans of the redevelopment have been seen by a few people and the general opinion is one of approval. I haven't seen these yet but as long as we don't have wonky roofs I will be happy .

I'll believe it when I see it.

Just as a case in point - why has your chairman made an announcement basically declaring that he's going to be, err...making an announcement ? What exactly was the POINT of all that, could he not just have....made an announcement when, y'know, he actually has something to say ?

What a circus.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
but as long as we don't have wonky roofs I will be happy .

Quite pathetic and up to your usual poor standard. The 'Wonky' roofed stadium you refer to won worldwide admiration and the top architectural award worldwide for the best new stadium in THE WORLD.

You'll be lucky to achieve any of note in that flea bitten, rat infested and unfortunate part of south London.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The only thing that would improve Selhurst Park.

box_of_matches.jpg

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Quite pathetic and up to your usual poor standard. The 'Wonky' roofed stadium you refer to won worldwide admiration and the top architectural award worldwide for the best new stadium in THE WORLD.

You'll be lucky to achieve any of note in that flea bitten, rat infested and unfortunate part of south London.

I will stick my head over the top here and say, I like the way Falmer stadium hasn't gone down the identikit football stadium path. And while cycling the south downs way the other week, it certainly looks pretty impressive.

But I also like selhurst park as it is a good old fashioned stadium, and reading the West ham forum the other week most of them would give their right bollock to play some where like Selhurst...In saying all this I sit in the Holmesdale which is a great stand to watch football in, I know the AW is a bit "rustic" but I don't sit there so don't really care!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I wouldn't want that lot to garner any kind of success on the back of possessing a decent stadium instead of the open sewer they currently slosh around in. The most preferable outcome is a refusal of planning permission followed by several relegations down the leagues and finally playing in front of crowds of less than 4000 against Crawley on a wet Tuesday night with several stands condemned and closed. Payback for the fraudulent financial cheating they've committed more than once - they deserve stuff all.

Parish is panicking now. With the threat of relegation getting more real every week he's realised that the chances of spending money on redevelopment or building a new stadium are diminishing rapidly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wouldn't want that lot to garner any kind of success on the back of possessing a decent stadium instead of the open sewer they currently slosh around in. The most preferable outcome is a refusal of planning permission followed by several relegations down the leagues and finally playing in front of crowds of less than 4000 against Crawley on a wet Tuesday night with several stands condemned and closed. Payback for the fraudulent financial cheating they've committed more than once - they deserve stuff all.
Surely they'll just follow the Leicester stadium development model with Admin 3 wiping out the bill ?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
So the Americans with 36% are committed to spending up to £100m. Does that leaves palace asking a bank for another £200m.

I would love to hear how that goes!!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
"Building a new Main Stand behind the current one" ? I really don't understand that bit...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
"Building a new Main Stand behind the current one" ? I really don't understand that bit...

It's what they've done at Liverpool. The old stand remains in place whilst they build (most of) the new one behind it. Then over a summer, they knock down the old one to reveal the new. Very clever.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
It's what they've done at Liverpool. The old stand remains in place whilst they build (most of) the new one behind it. Then over a summer, they knock down the old one to reveal the new. Very clever.
OK. But won't it be miles from the pitch, or have I missed something?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Didn't Wolves do something similar for their South Bank?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I will stick my head over the top here and say, I like the way Falmer stadium hasn't gone down the identikit football stadium path. And while cycling the south downs way the other week, it certainly looks pretty impressive.

But I also like selhurst park as it is a good old fashioned stadium, and reading the West ham forum the other week most of them would give their right bollock to play some where like Selhurst...In saying all this I sit in the Holmesdale which is a great stand to watch football in, I know the AW is a bit "rustic" but I don't sit there so don't really care!

Thanks for your more realistic and reasonable response. Thanks also for ignoring the last part of my post which was pure pantomime reserved for the other palace poster.

I agree about West Ham btw and personally, apart from poor conditions that older stadiums offer, I also love their atmosphere.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here