• Clement

Votes: 121 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Sherwood is nothing but Gus MkII - an arrogant self publicist who throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way.

Clement is relatively unheard of but for good reason - gets on, has worked hard and has proved his worth to the best managers in the world. No contest whatsoever.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The manager being a bit of a bellend is not a disqualification for the job though. In some ways, it adds to the match day entertainment
You can have a bellend as manager but his bellendery has to be in proportion to his managerial ability - and Sherwood is an almighty ****ing bellend.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Not much between the two of them but Id be inclined to believe that Clement would be a longer term appointment who would stick around for a few years as he would be grateful for being given the opportunity, whereas Sherwood could be off at the first whiff of a Premier League role as that is where he thinks he belongs.

briggsy

May 2, 2011
West Hove
sources tell me that our spanish style of play is going to stop in favour of more one touch faster football

Manager will be British and it wont be McKay or Clement( for above reasons)

Garcia told Tony a month ago of his intentions which has been plenty of time to think about who they want.

The club i hear have made preliminary approaches to three prospective candidates

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
“In England there are some really tough months in the winter, not very much light, so you’re indoors, very often in cramped spaces – it’s not a luxury that all the clubs have these massive indoor areas. And if they do, sometimes there will be two or three teams working in a space at once."

Clement would enjoy the new training round then.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
sources tell me that our spanish style of play is going to stop in favour of more one touch faster football

Manager will be British and it wont be McKay or Clement( for above reasons)

Garcia told Tony a month ago of his intentions which has been plenty of time to think about who they want.

The club i hear have made preliminary approaches to three prospective candidates

Interesting. If true that would suggest they are British managers currently at other clubs.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Goals On Sunday today is, for me, prompting a small change in opinion about Sherwood. He's still a bit 'blunt' but he seems a bit more empassioned and informed than I previously thought. I guess it's harder for someone like me to make an informed opinion without seeing someone outside of the manager's role a bit more often. Easier to work out what they might be like when they get into management again and to be better able to read between the lines when their role causes them to be more discreet about their messages to the media.

I'm now in the 'could do a job' camp if he comes to us.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
I honestly wouldn't mind. I'm partly judging managers on how well they can fit into a song. :lolol:
Super tim could replace the super tom song. Anyone gotta Clement one yet?

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Never knew this:
The son of former Queens Park Rangers and England player Dave Clement and brother of the former West Bromwich Albion player Neil Clement, Paul chose coaching when he realised he would never make it as a top flight player.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I can't believe that result. Don't people ever learn anything from previous mistakes. I'm saying right now Clement would be a monumental mistake and I don't believe for one second Tony Bloom would go for another guy with no experience at this level of football.....Before anyone says Sherwood hasn't, he played in a championship winning side. He knows all about this division.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I can't believe that result. Don't people ever learn anything from previous mistakes. I'm saying right now Clement would be a monumental mistake and I don't believe for one second Tony Bloom would go for another guy with no experience at this level of football.....Before anyone says Sherwood hasn't, he played in a championship winning side. He knows all about this division.

I don't agree, Clement has infinitely more English coaching experience than Tim 'nice but dim' Sherwood,.... his time at Fulham and Chelsea Academies would have exposed him to all manner of championship players and tactics.....add to that his work with Blackburn, Chelsea, PSG and Real....all adds up to an impressive CV to me.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
posted in other thread:
i am in the clement camp. i think he is a better long term prospect - would be grateful for the job, lots of great contacts, obviously a good coach and would stick around longer than a season (unlike sherwood i suspect) if we didn't go up next year. not to mention the pre season friendly against Real madrid!!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

What previous mistakes? As far as I am aware our last 2 managers have got us to the play offs,which given our budget is a huge success, the next manager will find that hard to do as the league will be really competitive next season with a lot of clubs aiming for the top six, Derby/QPR, Wigan, Wolves, Cardiff, Norwich, Fulham, Leeds( new owners with money), Reading and Forest to name a few who have a bit more money than us. Who ever is our next manager will do well to get us into the top 10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here