Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positive’s from today

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The only positive on the pitch was that Sam Baldock finally made his Premier League debut (and, within seconds, his pace created perhaps our best chance of the game - who'd have thunk it?)

The only other positive was that my house suffered a power outage around the 70th minute and I was spared having to watch the last 20 minutes or so of the debacle.

Didn’t Baldock play in the PL with West Ham? Couple of minutes appearances before joining Bristol City?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Nice to see Baldock back causing problems for their back four.
If it wasn't for constantly passing the ball to opposing players, I would say a positive was our movement going forward, looked like we were queuing up to stick it in a couple of times. Commentators noted how composed we looked around their box, shame about the final touch. Very few chances for them from open play and Knocky is starting to weave in behind the defence more.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Beer at £3 a pint

Seeing a Red Kite at around 30 yards hovering over the service station

Going to a proper football ground with real fans who showed great passion

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Absolutely no positives from West Brom, only negatives.

We are going down unless we get at least 4 points from the next 3 games.
:nono:

Jul 7, 2003
Wasnt a great day on the pitch by the sound of it.
But off it thanks to a brilliant saving effort from the maternity team at Hayward’s Heath hospital my son was born via Emergency C section a number of weeks early and despite some early scares is now doing well in the special care unit along with his Albion bear.
Hope the boys can find the fight and spirit to survive that has been on display here today
UTA

Congratulations. My baby boy was born six and half weeks early as my wife had pre-eclampsia. One of the scariest times of my life, worrying both about him and my wife. He was in an incubator for three weeks until he was big enough to bring home. I was able to hold him easily in one hand he was so tiny and had to make an emergency visit to Mothercare to buy tiny baby clothing as all we had was normal baby clothing.

That was over 17 years ago and yesterday I enjoyed a lovely trip to the West Midlands with my little boy (only spoiled by 90 minutes of football). He is now 6'5" tall and still growing but handy to use as a beacon in the train queues after games at the Amex. I hope you have many similar Albion supporting years with your new son.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Many congratulations, our second was born at HH and I couldn’t speak highly enough about the staff up there, top draw... the less said about the football though the better.
Maybe you could name your boy Alan as a permanent reminder of the day :thumbsup:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Beer at £3 a pint

Seeing a Red Kite at around 30 yards hovering over the service station

Going to a proper football ground with real fans who showed great passion

Good Lord, when you list spotting a common bird of prey as a positive you know it was a bad day all round.
You can see them closer than that at any cracking owl sanctuary.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wasnt a great day on the pitch by the sound of it.
But off it thanks to a brilliant saving effort from the maternity team at Hayward’s Heath hospital my son was born via Emergency C section a number of weeks early and despite some early scares is now doing well in the special care unit along with his Albion bear.
Hope the boys can find the fight and spirit to survive that has been on display here today
UTA
Best of luck to you all and congratulations! My son was delivered the same way and 7 weeks early. Placenta had detached and it looked as if both he and my wife might die for a short while.

Scary times for sure but he's now 11, top of his class in maths and English and opens the bowling for South Yorkshire and the Yorkshire development team.

I'm sure your lad will be just fine.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Positives? - At least I’ve got home safe and sound - after the last two aways that’s it for me for this season anyway.

Huddersfield finished it for me away this season. So glad my points total is limited.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Good Lord, when you list spotting a common bird of prey as a positive you know it was a bad day all round.
You can see them closer than that at any cracking owl sanctuary.

Its not the same though is it..... wide is wide and unpredictable. though predictably it flew off once I got the camera out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here