Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Only played one of the big six so far, so are in a false position. Their November and December looks horrible. Smug Eddie is just getting the points he should plus a few bonus away points, imo.

Spot on, re us only having played 1 of the 'big' teams so far, but we didn't select who we played, and you can only beat the teams put in front of you... We're fully deserved of our position right now, however, I fully expect us to begin the slide through the positions over the coming 2 months... We do have a torrid run of fixtures coming up soon, but picking up points now is never a bad thing. I'm a firm believer that you can't stay in this league by just beating those around you, you need to pick off a few points here and there against the top teams as well... Hopefully we can do that, and be more competitive than previous seasons.

I don't think for a second that we're going to be knocking on the door of the top bunch, come May, but it's great to have 16 points on the board at this time, when our usual haul is single figures and we're still scraping about for a win...

RE the stadium thing... It's disappointing but not totally unexpected... We're in a sh*t situation, not owning the ground and negotiations on buying that back stalled some time ago... Was the proposed move just posturing to try and break the current ground owners... ? Who knows... But it certainly looks like We'll only be seeing the same 7/8k faces for the immediate future...

As for our owner... He holds a UK passport so no dangers there...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Let's face it, what he has done there is nothing short of a miracle! Started out with them in the 4th Division and after a brief hiatus comes back and takes from league 1 through to the Prem and becoming established, whilst I may add playing attractive football. I'm sure he will go to a big club eventually but unfortunately he won't be coming to us.

I would love us to play like they do, at least it's entertaining with goals guaranteed. After all didn't you hear? We're the new Stoke (according to Hammers fans!)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have always liked Eddie, and no-one can deny that he has done a magnificent job at Bournemouth.
I don't care for all the 'smug' talk on here. Blimey, if we had a manager that had done an 'Eddie' he would be worshipped .I think a certain section of NSC can't take the fact that Bournemouth seem to be establishing themselves in the Prem, instead of having come back down almost immediately, as some predicted.
He appears to be very highly regarded by his players, past and present.
Yep, I would have him here, but it won't happen.

There's no denying that he has done a very good job, but a lot of people (not just Albion fans) see him as smug, arrogant and whiney. He always seems to need to find someone to blame if things go wrong. It's a million miles from the honest mr Hughton who will say "They were better than us" or "We could have done better" or "we didn't turn up". Those aren't accurate quotes, but he will give an honest and more balanced assessment.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let's face it, what he has done there is nothing short of a miracle! Started out with them in the 4th Division and after a brief hiatus comes back and takes from league 1 through to the Prem and becoming established, whilst I may add playing attractive football. I'm sure he will go to a big club eventually but unfortunately he won't be coming to us.

I would love us to play like they do, at least it's entertaining with goals guaranteed. After all didn't you hear? We're the new Stoke (according to Hammers fans!)

A miracle built on huge financial backing. Don’t be fooled by the tiny stadium.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
A miracle built on huge financial backing. Don’t be fooled by the tiny stadium.

Yep they spent a lot in the Championship, but even then it's not like they brought ready made Prem players to get out of the Championship? He still brought the right players and coached them to get up, no?

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
You know your club is not sustainable in it's present situation so keep on dreaming , we will wave once you're back in League 2 where you belong

I recall Reading saying exactly the same to us ...when we were in the Championship six years ago . What exactly is not sustainable. We are in a small stadium, with low overheads and a stupidly low rent. We are carrying hardly any debt , have made a profit over the last two seasons. Should the worse happen and we get relegated we then have several years of parachute payments.

Your owner on the other hand is carrying a £200 million plus debt.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have always liked Eddie, and no-one can deny that he has done a magnificent job at Bournemouth.
I don't care for all the 'smug' talk on here. Blimey, if we had a manager that had done an 'Eddie' he would be worshipped .I think a certain section of NSC can't take the fact that Bournemouth seem to be establishing themselves in the Prem, instead of having come back down almost immediately, as some predicted.
He appears to be very highly regarded by his players, past and present.
Yep, I would have him here, but it won't happen.
He cheated, his team cheated, Bournemouth cheated. There, I feel better now.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Only played one of the big six so far, so are in a false position. Their November and December looks horrible. Smug Eddie is just getting the points he should plus a few bonus away points, imo.

Be that as it may, at least they're getting the points to see them through the lean times!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep they spent a lot in the Championship, but even then it's not like they brought ready made Prem players to get out of the Championship? He still brought the right players and coached them to get up, no?

I agree that Howe is a very good coach of attacking football.

But the the club have backed him with big numbers spent on fees, a £150m squad cost, including:

Lerma (WC star) £25m
Ake £20m

The quality of players purchased undoubtedly helps any manager's cause.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
They are vulnerable on two fronts: if the Russians disappear and take their money back out of the club or if Smug does get tempted elsewhere (unlikely because in his heart of hearts he knows he'll blow it again, but you never know). As long as the money and Smug stay put they'll continue to do well.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Not adverse to EH at all. Attacking football and clearly knows the game. All this 'smug' shit is lost on me. Always comes across well. It would be a 'yes' from me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I recall Reading saying exactly the same to us ...when we were in the Championship six years ago . What exactly is not sustainable. We are in a small stadium, with low overheads and a stupidly low rent. We are carrying hardly any debt , have made a profit over the last two seasons. Should the worse happen and we get relegated we then have several years of parachute payments.

Our owner spent his own money, and has converted it to shares. There is zero debt.

You cheated FFP and then managed to get a reduced fine. Cheats.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Not sure what you're basing that on chap. Bloom doesn't "do" debt. BHA are not in hock to any outside financial institutions.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
You know your club is not sustainable in it's present situation so keep on dreaming , we will wave once you're back in League 2 where you belong

Is this because of the stadium size? Because that makes absolutely no difference to sustainability whatsoever.

Look at this: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

We made £5M from match day whereas a big club like Everton made £14M. So, that seems pretty bad. They've making almost 3 times as much as us on that front.

But then you look at TV and broadcasting. We made £124M and Everton made £131M. So, the match day income makes pretty much no difference whatsoever in this day and age.

And it seems weird that a bit up people are complaining about us paying massive transfer fees like £25M for Lerma. Which isn't massive at all in this day and age and looks to be a very astute signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here