Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Eight games in

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There’s now a 4 point gap between, us and Burnley on 8 points to Leicester and Everton on 12. I’m going to guess that this gap will continue to grow, the bottom 8 teams, (us Burnley, Palace, Soton, Fulham, Newcastle, Cardiff and Hudds) will remain the bottom 8 teams. This would mean we’re in a mini-league of 8 teams and have to finish in the top 5 of that.
How do you see it?
No, we have to finish in the top 6 of 9 - there are 9 teams, not 8, in the mini league below the four point gap below Everton.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think we are in a slightly false position currently. We look a better side to me than last season with more flair and options off the bench. We've played 4 of the 'big clubs' in this early run of games including arguably the two best away from home. Next three games will tell us a lot IMO but I think we'll end up mid table if we have luck with injuries etc. An away win or two would make all the difference...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
8 games in, I am making no predictions yet as to who will go, too early for that. I will take a look in another half a dozen games.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
One has to be content with the points accumulated to date. This year we have more quality players than last and so should be ok. Key is Murray and him continuing to take the chances we create. It is though going to be a battle to near the very end though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Notable on Friday how strong our bench was. Almost any of those starting in the dugout could have started and not weakened the starting 11. And with Gross, Montoya and Stephens to come back - we look far stronger than last year. Imagine what those injuries (and now Propper) would have done to us last season.

It's still early, but reasons to look forward with some slight optimism. As people have said, next half dozen games or so should leave us in our true position.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Palace will get out of it and finish above us.

I agree that Cardiff and Huddersfield are early favourites for the drop, but Fulham could be 'other' if they don't stop shipping goals. Doesn't matter how many they score at the other end if they keep conceding like they are. It could all change and usually does when one team strings a few results together. Any of the current bottom 12 could easily find themselves in the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

Problem for Fulham and their gungho style is that historically it has failed in this division. They will be mauled more often than not and that really will hit their confidence. Our Chris's more conservative style is the way forward.

love to see Carduff, South London Comedy Collective and Scummers drop....would 'larf me ed-orf'!

TNBA

TTF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace's luck will run out at some point. With some tricky fixtures next up, and the loyal fan vs homesdale pathetics fallout, this could be a joyless toxic few months for the not so jolly jestermen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here