Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He sold us Zamora.

He's got his good points.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spent about 15 minutes chatting to him in the queue, said that he'd have driven but parking was a nightmare so wanted to keep his car space back in town, was off into town to have dinner with his wife, said he wasn't really looking for another job as he has 6 grandkids and wanted to spend time with them.
It was nice to chat to a manager in a really normal situation.

Interesting stuff. Don't blame him with the stress of football management.

I doubt anyone will ever bump into Wenger in such a situation.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He met his wife when they were both 15, she’s battled cancer since she was 21 and thankfully it’s in remission. They have four children, three of whom are profoundly deaf, so Holloway communicates with them using sign language. He used to commute 250 miles a day as he didn’t want to remove his daughters from a special school for the deaf when they were younger.

He’s a good man, devoted to his family. If some feel that poogate and a Bristol accent is more important than that when forming an opinion of him then fair enough, but personally I think his moral compass and decency far override anything else. The world is better off with the likes of Ollie in it.

Reactions: SAC

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He met his wife when they were both 15, she’s battled cancer since she was 21 and thankfully it’s in remission. They have four children, three of whom are profoundly deaf, so Holloway communicates with them using sign language. He used to commute 250 miles a day as he didn’t want to remove his daughters from a special school for the deaf when they were younger.

He’s a good man, devoted to his family. If some feel that poogate and a Bristol accent is more important than that when forming an opinion of him then fair enough, but personally I think his moral compass and decency far override anything else. The world is better off with the likes of Ollie in it.

That’s all very admirable and more important than football etc BUT I’m struggling to see past [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] other Albion fans who were convinced he made homophobic gestures at BHA fans at QPR (I think) a few years back... mmmm

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Good post.
I’d already mellowed towards him whilst he was with Sky, but apparently also a decent person who has his priorities right IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Meh. I can understand using poogate as motivation at the time but to let it get into the press and never feed up is pretty low, especially given the talk of police involvement at the time was there not?

Also he’s been pretty borderline offensive when working for Sky here before. Bit of a cockweasel for me

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That must have been a child who had smuggled those items in. Did he have a flask?

He did but it was hidden under his Withdean poncho, only a £1, absolute bargain!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I was in the same train carriage as him on the way back. He was asked if he had seen any Pooh in the dressing room while he was at the ground (in a lighthearted manner) he said. No but insisted it was Charlie Oatway who was the culprit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I imagine that Holloway would always be able to get a job at a lower league club, he seems very honest, grounded and passionate.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I like Ian Holloway. He's harmless, wears his heart on his sleeve and is one of football's good guys.
That’s the narrative you get from afar, but it’s nothing more than a veneer. He almost destroyed Grimsby Town FC, having been part of a scheme involving a serially convicted criminal.

Not something you’ll see reported much outside the boundaries of North East Lincs, but a “good guy” he lost certainly is not.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Doing the media rounds at the moment. He has a new book out to sell. Looks like BBC today (Breakfast and 5Live). So what you will about him, honest and funny.
I agree, of course there will always be an element on NSC who won't like him, due to the poogate incident and his past involvement at Palarse, but as a person l don't have a problem with him at all.

A bit Marmite'ish perhaps, you either like him or you don't, but that's the way that some people are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here