Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
You didn't look under that running hat close enough!

Was it you who lost your mojo in the winter? You've certainly found it again. Good luck in your quest.

Yes it was (seems a long time ago now) - and got lots of good advice and encouragement on here and am long since through that bad patch.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Whilst away at the weekend completed my third tourist PR in a row @ Doncaster in a pleasing 22.09, still improving but over a minute of my PB.

Gonna focus on getting some distance in my legs ready for Reigate half in September but will target PR again towards the end of the year to see if I can beat my elusive 21 minute barrier.

By coincidence I've run the Reigate parkrun. On the basis of that (probably my least favourite course but that's mainly because I pulled a hamstring) I'd say it's going to be hilly.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone up for a Bevendean and brekkie parkrun event one morning? I missed the last one, so I'm keen to get involved in the next. :thumbsup:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Good luck tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Worthing 21:56 for me (AG 75.08%) - about right. Beat Nicky Yeates on the line - VW60-64 AG 88%!! Respect.

Incidentally, from casual observation at numerous Preston Park Parkruns, Nicky is a good example of the high cadence, 'pitter patter' running style referred to in previous posts. She doesn't look fast, but she is.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Incidentally, from casual observation at numerous Preston Park Parkruns, Nicky is a good example of the high cadence, 'pitter patter' running style referred to in previous posts. She doesn't look fast, but she is.

Absolutely. And she volunteers, smiles and chats on the way round .... and is impossible to catch

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
By coincidence I've run the Reigate parkrun. On the basis of that (probably my least favourite course but that's mainly because I pulled a hamstring) I'd say it's going to be hilly.

I think it's predominately flat ... with a sadistically placed hill around mile 12!

(I've not done Reigate PR - now you've got me thinking about doing that on Saturday instead of my planned training)

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I think it's predominately flat ... with a sadistically placed hill around mile 12!

(I've not done Reigate PR - now you've got me thinking about doing that on Saturday instead of my planned training)

It's in the park alongside one of the big supermarkets so parking was OK. I did it as the first of two planned ones on Jan 1st a couple of years back - the other one being Tilgate. Reigate was horribly muddy and did feature a bit of a hill. I did my hammy about 300 metres from the end and

a) was stupid enough to try to finish but

b) was not stupid enough to proceed to Tilgate to do a double

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
On the subject of parkrun, I have set myself the goal of completing the Sussex full set as soon as possible. I make it:

I have done:
Worthing
Preston Park
Brighton and Hove
Peacehaven
Hove Prom
Bevendean Down
Eastbourne
Bognor
Tilgate
Horsham
Clair

I haven’t done:
Hastings
Chichester
East Grinstead

So 11/14. Am I missing any? Can anyone beat that? [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson’s teacher[/MENTION] would be the man I’d back to have already done it?

From what I understand you’ll be able to add Lancing to that list very soon.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
On the subject of parkrun, I have set myself the goal of completing the Sussex full set as soon as possible. I make it:

I have done:
Worthing
Preston Park
Brighton and Hove
Peacehaven
Hove Prom
Bevendean Down
Eastbourne
Bognor
Tilgate
Horsham
Clair

I haven’t done:
Hastings
Chichester
East Grinstead

So 11/14. Am I missing any? Can anyone beat that? [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson’s teacher[/MENTION] would be the man I’d back to have already done it?

I think that's the 'Sussex set'. I've done all of them as I suspect have one or two others on the thread? Of the three you've yet to do, Hastings would be the fastest. Looking forward to hearing that you've ticked them off...…...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is August Bank Holiday on September 3rd this year? Must be due to the long summer.:lol:

Actually, presumably [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] meant the saturday before, 25th. You know how I am with planning activities. :lolol:

I’m up for this. I have no plans for parkruns in September until the 29th when I hope to visit Northwich on the way to Man City to tick off my N for the alphabet so count me in!

Hopefully we can get the full NSC set, or as many as possible if not all!

From what I understand you’ll be able to add Lancing to that list very soon.

Have you heard a start date? I'm friends with Livvy, she was saying they might make the first event relatively small so I'm keen to get the heads up and be there for the test event! I messaged her, we'll see what news comes down the pipe!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
September 1st? I'm more than happy to pencil that in, time to get my revenge! Followed by a fry up. :thumbsup: And then Fulham at the Amex!

25th I’m there. I’ve never run Bevendean, so I shall look forward to it.

I’m in Halifax again this week, so just sitting down for food after another ridiculously hilly 8.5 miles. Should stand me in good stead for the Bevendean showdown.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
25th I’m there. I’ve never run Bevendean, so I shall look forward to it.

I’m in Halifax again this week, so just sitting down for food after another ridiculously hilly 8.5 miles. Should stand me in good stead for the Bevendean showdown.

I sprinted up Sussex Street yesterday. You had me in Peacehaven, that won't happen again. :thumbsup:

#rivalry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here