Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's F1 Grand Prix on C4

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
'Fair' enough. Seems strange you would post multiple times on a thread you have absolutely no interest in though...
You've misunderstood. I am interested in racing, I love it. What I'm not interested in is watching an event where the sports governing body allow cheating when it suits them. So of course I'm going to comment on it, things aren't going to improve if no one complains about it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't happen in cycling :whistle:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Over react much in here?

As much as the FIA have been lenient here, they've also been exceptionally clear that any repeat in future will be dealt with harshly. Todt's essentially put Vettel on indefinite probation without the FIA actually needing to go through the process and put it formally in place.

The fact is if Vettel (or any other driver) does anything similar in the forseeable future, they're going to get taken to the Tribunal and given a hefty penalty.

I have no doubt it's probably affected Vettel's decision on whether or not to try a dive bomb move on Bottas in the closing stages of the Austrian race.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Over react much in here?

As much as the FIA have been lenient here, they've also been exceptionally clear that any repeat in future will be dealt with harshly. Todt's essentially put Vettel on indefinite probation without the FIA actually needing to go through the process and put it formally in place.

The fact is if Vettel (or any other driver) does anything similar in the forseeable future, they're going to get taken to the Tribunal and given a hefty penalty.

I have no doubt it's probably affected Vettel's decision on whether or not to try a dive bomb move on Bottas in the closing stages of the Austrian race.

So, a good old-fashioned finger-wagging and a "DON'T DO IT AGAIN". Brilliant. I'm glad the FIA have been exceptionally clear that deliberately ramming your car into someone elses is no longer acceptable behaviour. That's cleared that one up then, we all know where we stand. I wonder if the outcome would have been the same had (say) a Force India deliberately rammed a Ferrari....Hmm. Guess we may never know.

Its good that Vettel will maybe think twice in future before weaponising his car, so job done in that respect, well done everyone. Interesting that if someone ELSE does it though, then unlike Vettel, they'll get well and truly clobbered.

Superbly handled FIA. Everyones a winner.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
So, a good old-fashioned finger-wagging and a "DON'T DO IT AGAIN". Brilliant. I'm glad the FIA have been exceptionally clear that deliberately ramming your car into someone elses is no longer acceptable behaviour. That's cleared that one up then, we all know where we stand. I wonder if the outcome would have been the same had (say) a Force India deliberately rammed a Ferrari....Hmm. Guess we may never know.

Its good that Vettel will maybe think twice in future before weaponising his car, so job done in that respect, well done everyone. Interesting that if someone ELSE does it though, then unlike Vettel, they'll get well and truly clobbered.

Superbly handled FIA. Everyones a winner.

Lovely bit of hyperbole. Nice.

As much as I personally believe the FIA should have given a harsher penalty, the fact is that the Tribunal process can take months. It could easily have lead to the final race of the season being complete but no one actually knowing who won the WDC until much later while the lawyers all had their say.

It's the race stewards themselves who stuffed up in not black flagging Vettel during the event. I have no issue (in light of what referring to the Tribunal entails) of the post-race decision Todt made. I think you'll find that the drivers are all now very well aware that any use of their car the way Vettel used his at Baku will result in severe and immediate penalties, and as such the job has been done: you will not see any F1 cars being used as weapons for a long, long time. Vettel in particular, who I suspect has been told he'll be excluded from the season results entirely if he's guilty of something similar again in future (while others will simply get an immediate DSQ, as Vettel should have at Baku).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lovely bit of hyperbole. Nice.

As much as I personally believe the FIA should have given a harsher penalty, the fact is that the Tribunal process can take months. It could easily have lead to the final race of the season being complete but no one actually knowing who won the WDC until much later while the lawyers all had their say.

It's the race stewards themselves who stuffed up in not black flagging Vettel during the event. I have no issue (in light of what referring to the Tribunal entails) of the post-race decision Todt made. I think you'll find that the drivers are all now very well aware that any use of their car the way Vettel used his at Baku will result in severe and immediate penalties, and as such the job has been done: you will not see any F1 cars being used as weapons for a long, long time. Vettel in particular, who I suspect has been told he'll be excluded from the season results entirely if he's guilty of something similar again in future (while others will simply get an immediate DSQ, as Vettel should have at Baku).

Well, we don't know that do we.

And they can give all the warnings they like, but the fact is, they failed to punish a driver for knowingly and deliberately ramming another driver in an act of rage. He did it in a moment of madness, and received no retrospective punishment - that has set a precedent.

Now, if another driver has the red mist descend and does the same, the FIA are going to be on something of a sticky wicket when it comes to penalties. The lawyers will love that one as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here