Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS loan to Peterborough

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Oh come on, that really is harsh, especially your second paragraph, do you really believe that?

I used to hate it when he did the long walk around the pitch at the end as if he cared more than the rest of the team. Attention seeking nonsense . All I ask from the players is that they do the business in the game, which he so rarely did.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Very harsh to say he was a complete failure. I remember him being our top scorer in a side when he was up front on his own. Sadly he never had opportunity to play alongside a Murray or Ulloa.

I'm sure it's already been said but I can't be bothered to read the 5 pages..

Running down the left wing against Forest on the last day of the season, crosses for some fella from Argentina

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm sure it's already been said but I can't be bothered to read the 5 pages..

Running down the left wing against Forest on the last day of the season, crosses for some fella from Argentina

Indeed. From the left wing. Never got the chance to play in a front two he would have thrived in. Such a shame. His achillies injury had finished him long before Ulloa arrived anyway.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
At least he made a lot of money with his contract at Brighton. Even if he is playing non league football soon, he shouldn't be short of a bob or 2.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
A real trier and not a complete failure for us when he first came. He never lived up to the justifiably high expectations. I remember how excited I was when his signing was announced. He had just single-handedly won the play-off final for Peterborough with an amazing performance. The injury is the thing that has finished him. He was totally reliant on pace. Lovely bloke though who never stopped trying. We should wish him well

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Can't help but feel, an Albion record transfer fee went on one of these:

Yellow-Lab.jpg

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Lovely bloke and all effort but no final result
Never forget that goal against Burnley though

But there's the problem, until he played for Brighton he did have an end result - so maybe it wasn't him, but the way he way being played that prevented the goals from flowing!

Dagenham & Redbridge = Goal per 2.8 games
Peterborough = Goal per 2.3 games
Brighton = Goal per 5.45 games

So was the problem the player, or the system - as the goal stats from his previous clubs look quite decent!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I used to hate it when he did the long walk around the pitch at the end as if he cared more than the rest of the team. Attention seeking nonsense . All I ask from the players is that they do the business in the game, which he so rarely did.

You can't please some people - so if he had just walked straight off without an acknowledgment to the crowd that would have been fine then?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Agree with everyone on here who says the system was wrong.

McLean never pulled up any trees when he left Peterborough either. So perhaps the Mac Attack was just two players who were perfectly suited to each other's style of play.

And Boyd (who I have a lot of time for) helped a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We should have built a team around a striker who cost £3.5m at that stage of our development. We never did.

CMS gave us everything but injury and lack of adaptability (unlike Baldock) meant that he never really hit the heights we expected from a record signing.

Now look at Murray. We seem to be doing everything including giving him a long contract (for a 33yr old) to help him to score.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You can't please some people - so if he had just walked straight off without an acknowledgment to the crowd that would have been fine then?

I just remember watching him miss chance after chance and not be able to control a football. Our record signing. Then he'd be the one courting the crowd at the end. I'm not the only one who thought it a bit naff.
I notice sometimes Murray is indifferent to the adulation of the crowd. I don't mind this , as he's doing the business on the pitch. I quite like that he's surly and doesn't pretend to be a people pleaser.
Anyway thank god we are no longer relying on cms to score our goals - I'm sure we can agree on that !

Oct 25, 2003
But there's the problem, until he played for Brighton he did have an end result - so maybe it wasn't him, but the way he way being played that prevented the goals from flowing!

Dagenham & Redbridge = Goal per 2.8 games
Peterborough = Goal per 2.3 games
Brighton = Goal per 5.45 games

So was the problem the player, or the system - as the goal stats from his previous clubs look quite decent!

you haven't taken into account which division those goals were scored in

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I just remember watching him miss chance after chance and not be able to control a football. Then he'd be the one courting the crowd at the end. I'm not the only one who thought it a bit naff.
I notice sometimes Murray is indifferent to the adulation of the crowd. I don't mind this , as he's doing the business on the pitch. I quite like that he's surly and not a people pleaser.
Anyway thank god we are no longer relying on cms to score our goals - I'm sure we can agree on that !

Sorry, I love playing Devils advocate, so please excuse me :wink:

Agreed, it is a mark of how far we have come when you see how much things have changed, even since Gus's period - I seriously think this is a far superior team, playing with superior tactics and for the most part players are played to their best positions and not shoe-horned into a system (Goldson excepting)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gus has to shoulder a share of responsibility for CMS not succeeding here. Totally the wrong player at the right time.
The fact that CMS 2nd touch was usually a tackle didn't help his cause much either.
Couldn't imagine CH making such a poor signing as this!

*cough*

best-l229-2215672_478x359.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here