Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle fixtures- rather them than us!

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Looking at the fixtures of other clubs l see that Newcastle have to play Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading all away in a week! Brighton away 28/2, Huddersfield away 4/3, and Reading away 7/3. They then have the little matter of Fulham home on 11/3!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking at the fixtures of other clubs l see that Newcastle have to play Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading all away in a week! Brighton away 28/2, Huddersfield away 4/3, and Reading away 7/3. They then have the little matter of Fulham home on 11/3!!

Surprised they haven't been moaning about it on Twitter [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

As long as they beat Huddersfield and Reading I dont give a monkeys arse

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I understand that the Football League nearly took this view when rescheduling the game was being batted around. The rule book says that 3 consecutive away games can only be played in exceptional circumstances.

We managed to win that one though...

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales

Fixtures......

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Still early days to be comparing run-ins, but the four teams that Newcastle have played twice are Forest, Blackburn, Rotherham and Brentford whereas we have played Cardiff, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday and Preston twice. So they've got harder stuff left

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still early days to be comparing run-ins, but the four teams that Newcastle have played twice are Forest, Blackburn, Rotherham and Brentford whereas we have played Cardiff, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday and Preston twice. So they've got harder stuff left

Been thinking about this a while. Could potentially be a very good sign for us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Blackburn even doubled them

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Lose to us and beat Reading and Huddersfield Town. Happy for them to take six from nine there.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Newcastle and hopefully us will be automatically promoted. The only concern I have is that Leeds or one the others goes on a relentless winning streak and we implode a bit, for example in March looks tough for us. But the increasing points buffer we have and immense GD makes that unlikely.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Newcastle and hopefully us will be automatically promoted. The only concern I have is that Leeds or one the others goes on a relentless winning streak and we implode a bit, for example in March looks tough for us. But the increasing points buffer we have and immense GD makes that unlikely.

GD changes, points accumulated and GD work in tandem.

If they go on one of those runs you suggest, like we did at the end of last season, their GD will reflect that. And likewise ours will take a hit/stand still with loss of form.

Think about how much GD we made up last season (wasn't enough in the end:shootself).

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
They're very capable of winning all of those games. Leeds also look pretty capable of a challenge as well.

Let's see this through ourselves. Come on Albion!!

I don't think I've ever been nervous for this length of time. It didn't properly wear off after Boro last season!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does the rule book apply equally to home games? If we beat Lincoln and avoid replay in 5th round we shall have four consecutive home games: Burton; Ipswich; Reading; Toon.

I don't believe so.

More interestingly, if the Lincoln game goes to a replay (which we win) and we are drawn at home in Round 5, we could have 6 (six) consecutive home games over 21 or 22 days:

7-8/2 - Lincoln
11/2 - Burton
14/2 - Ipswich
18/2 - FA Cup 5th Round
25/2 - Reading
28/2 - Newcastle (if no 5th Round replay interferes)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Does the rule book apply equally to home games? If we beat Lincoln and avoid replay in 5th round we shall have four consecutive home games: Burton; Ipswich; Reading; Toon.

We have 3 away games first, Lincoln, Huddersfield and Brentford (although only 2 are league games).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I don't believe so.

More interestingly, if the Lincoln game goes to a replay (which we win) and we are drawn at home in Round 5, we could have 6 (six) consecutive home games over 21 or 22 days:

7-8/2 - Lincoln
11/2 - Burton
14/2 - Ipswich
18/2 - FA Cup 5th Round
25/2 - Reading
28/2 - Newcastle (if no 5th Round replay interferes)

Great for the clubs cash flow too, maybe we could buy a striker!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here