Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You're the only person who doesn't have to look forward to the route.

I've been playing around with your recent rides on www.plotaroute.com, eventually coming up with this:-

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/217609

49 miles, 3000 ft of climbing, a rolling route with no major climbs.

From Shoreham airport, through to Houghton.
That then gives the option of the slightly longer (20+ miles) coastal ride back to the start point.
Or the more direct (16 miles) Storrington/Steyning bypass route home.

Right I'm now off to watch some cricket and drink tea while eating some of the scones I never should have bought.

Count me in!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
image.jpeg

More like 5 go wild in Dorset.

My prep will probably be stooopid miles and hills with Col de Colin. :nono:

Just jam.

Shoreham Airport.

Anyone fancying the ride but from further afield, or perhaps isn't sure of the distance maybe Tricky could meet you off the train at Shoreham.
While Ford (south of Arundel) is on the same line home, unlike the Arundel station.

Route looks lovely. I'm very happy to meet at Shoreham station or if anyone's passing through Southwick.

I think the general feeling is that it is great and works brilliantly but there are better ways to spend the extra cash if your budget is under 3/4k.

However 1600 is a great deal. I like the idea of the orro but have never heard if they're any good.

My mate's just one. It's a bit nice although not Di2. Ultegra groupset.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More like 5 go wild in Dorset.
Taking Tricky down to Dorset may well set him back a year in his new found 'love' of hills. :lol:

They make climbs very differently down there.

For reasons unknown, (but probably a bit sad!!) I get a lot of enjoyment when we geeks smash our way around the country, posting big numbers.

Tricky's route profile today is brilliant when remembering the nose bleeds he used to get bumping up a kerb. :lol:.

Cheers for that Stat..a great plaudit!!👍💪

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So Nibs had a bit of a disaster today while Kruijswijk extended his lead.

Superb news for the race! Nibs still has by far the strongest team and now has to go on the attack even more so than before. Expecting some long range fireworks next week now. Can't wait!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So Nibs had a bit of a disaster today while Kruijswijk extended his lead.

Superb news for the race! Nibs still has by far the strongest team and now has to go on the attack even more so than before. Expecting some long range fireworks next week now. Can't wait!
The way he keeps scratching around for odd seconds, and starting attacks but not punching it home makes me think hes not got it in his legs.

Others will have to lose the race before Nibali can win it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], just checked out the group table. Looks like you're gonna keep the longest ride crown for a second week. Both over a tonne.

:bowdown:

You've just gotta make it a Three-peat haven't you?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], just checked out the group table. Looks like you're gonna keep the longest ride crown for a second week. Both over a tonne.

:bowdown:

You've just gotta make it a Three-peat haven't you?
I tried to go for the hattrick but for next week I just couldn't get 'Ton-Up Tuesday III', as my day off.

Sadly they'll be no more centuries for the next 2 weeks, but I'm hoping to edge nearer the 200 club, next week.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You're the only person who doesn't have to look forward to the route.

I've been playing around with your recent rides on www.plotaroute.com, eventually coming up with this:-

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/217609

49 miles, 3000 ft of climbing, a rolling route with no major climbs.

From Shoreham airport, through to Houghton.
That then gives the option of the slightly longer (20+ miles) coastal ride back to the start point.
Or the more direct (16 miles) Storrington/Steyning bypass route home.

Right I'm now off to watch some cricket and drink tea while eating some of the scones I never should have bought.

Monday - I'll need to check with Mrs Bold that I'm not tied up with the Mini Bolds.

May I suggest that rather than the airport, a meeting point a bit further up at the Shoreham Bridge memorial they have on the East side of the wooden bridge, pretty much opposite the Red Lion pub. Easy to then cycle over the bridge to get to Coombes. Might be a nice contemplative start. #together.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just got back from a ride. What a day! Not too hot, barely any wind. Get yourselves out there if you have not been yet.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Anyone watching the Giro. It has gone pretty mental the last ten minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here