Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Nathan coming upon the rails?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If the club decides to give him the job we have a responsibility to support him.

no, if the club give him the job, its our responsibility to question if those running the club really have a clue.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
He was part of the coaching team which was responsible for some of the most boring football I have seen a Brighton side play for many years. Ok, we scraped into the play-offs but we were never going to win them playing that way. A definite NO.

Talking of the coaching team:

Have Oscars Spanish coaches, Reuben Whatisname and the goalkeeping coach, whatisface, left the club or are they still in place sitting on their hands? Serious question. I've no idea?

If still there, could one of them be in with a shout? Could they be very dark jet black horses? Should we be concerned?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
In fairness to Nathan, he seems to have kept a dignified silence over the whole affair which may have been difficult if he had wind before the end of the season that OG was going. Also, for continuity, it would be ideal if he stayed as assistant to the new guy. I doubt he is being seriously looked at as a candidate for manager but I expect that TB and PB would like to keep him if they could. It would save them having to pay him off at the very least.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He was part of the coaching team which was responsible for some of the most boring football I have seen a Brighton side play for many years. Ok, we scraped into the play-offs but we were never going to win them playing that way. A definite NO.

as opposed to Derby who played the most exciting football of the 4 play-off candidates?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
no, if the club give him the job, its our responsibility to question if those running the club really have a clue.

or indeed if you do

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Talking of the coaching team:

Have Oscars Spanish coaches, Reuben Whatisname and the goalkeeping coach, whatisface, left the club or are they still in place sitting on their hands? Serious question. I've no idea?

If still there, could one of them be in with a shout? Could they be very dark jet black horses? Should we be concerned?
two have gone gk coach still with us.........for now

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can't see any incoming manager wanting to keep him.Maybe this is an issue, most new managers want there own asst. If we block this because Jones is under contract or whatever, then that tells everyone all they need to know, about the ambitious around the place.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even though he has been here a season I don't really know how good he is or what he actually does, so maybe it's a little unfair to say I would be seriously disappointed if Nathan got the job as manager, but I would be.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Jones is the Hinshelwood Strategy all over again.

Massively delayed internal appointment in World Cup summer.

That ended in relegation.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
shudder.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can't see any incoming manager wanting to keep him.Maybe this is an issue, most new managers want there own asst. If we block this because Jones is under contract or whatever, then that tells everyone all they need to know, about the ambitious around the place.

I really hope you are right and you've summed up exactly how I feel.

Nothing would surprise me though.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I fear this is correct. Whilst I've said I'd back the clubs decision, if this is the answer I think it's the worst of all possible options

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When he was appointed assistant, I wondered if that was part of a long term strategy to cultivate a future manager from within. I don't think he is ready yet, most of you seem to think he never will be, but maybe the next time the job comes up he could be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here