Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I'm not European, I'm British. Why only Europe? It's a bit like saying we are all humans so why not just have the whole world and call it quits. Why should we treat Europe any different from the rest of the world? Apart from price fixing and letting as many over here as possible, I fail to see the benefit for the ordinary British man or woman.

I am not British. I am English. Actually screw that I am from Devon so Devonian. But we hate those north Devon folk so I am a south Devonian. But those townies from Torbay and Plymouth I am proud to be from the south hams district. But at cubs we had rivals at district football so I am from harberton. Not a huge fan of a couple of families in the village so I am just part of my family. Sibling rivalry made me bitter and my parents divorced so I am ME. A little island me.

Nuts isn't it. That is essentially what you did - you decided what you count as. I have far more in common with my Swedish mates I met through a Ryder cup style golf match than the sweary parents I avoid in the school playground.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is the issue. Why are arbitrary line around Britain? Why not around your own house? "The British government are stopping me negotiating my own trade deals".

Bunch of Gammons who think their problems are rooted in an organisation that has raised the standard of living in the UK exponentially over the past 40 years. Especially in areas such as the South West and North East. But why should that bother the Gammons on here, they don't live there. The Brexiteers on here don't see past their own front gate. Not a very community minded mob I'm afraid. Hence the whole "I'm not European" rhetoric.
It's this attitude that will set the UK back decades. Can you just imagine how bitter some of these Leave voters must be after 40 years of having to share!! They are so closed minded that w when Cameron despicably called a referendum to save his own bacon they didn't stop to think of the consequences or the motivation and that it won't do the UK any good, in fact it will do it a great deal of harm. And now they are realising this and they are angry, oh golly are they angry. Because they have dropped themselves right in the shat. And they now know that fact.

Last edited:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I am not British. I am English. Actually screw that I am from Devon so Devonian. But we hate those north Devon folk so I am a south Devonian. But those townies from Torbay and Plymouth I am proud to be from the south hams district. But at cubs we had rivals at district football so I am from harberton. Not a huge fan of a couple of families in the village so I am just part of my family. Sibling rivalry made me bitter and my parents divorced so I am ME. A little island me.

Nuts isn't it. That is essentially what you did - you decided what you count as. I have far more in common with my Swedish mates I met through a Ryder cup style golf match than the sweary parents I avoid in the school playground.

I'm glad you are happy being European but I am happy being British. I don't want to live in a country where anyone from a continent can swan in and have a detrimental effect on schools, hospitals, jobs, rents, wages, GP surgeries etc. I am one of those rare people who openly admit I voted for one reason and that was immigration. The fact that I believe that it will be better for the economy in the long run is just a plus point. I don't feel the need to keep justifying how I feel and I have to admit to not giving it much thought. The only ones who seem to be bothered anymore are the remainers who cannot let it drop. Luckily their only chance is if Cornyn gets in and that is not going to happen (not even worth mentioning the Lib Dems). A lot of people think Rees Mogg is the future prime minister and he is about the only one I would bother voting for. Thanks to the last Labour and conservative governments I suppose I have become right wing. It's not about who I like or dislike but it is more about the shit tip that London has become. It certainly was not like this 15/20 years ago.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
And now they are realising this and they are angry, oh golly are they angry. Because they have dropped themselves right in the shat. And they now know that fact.

Congratulations. You have managed to write the biggest load of tripe I have read during this whole Brexit debate. We have nothing to be angry about, the vote went our way.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Congratulations. You have managed to write the biggest load of tripe I have read during this whole Brexit debate. We have nothing to be angry about, the vote went our way.

Didn't think you'd like it much. I imagine for you though it's not the truth that bothers you, you know it to be fact already, more the shock of hearing it.
Night.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Great stuff: this reminded me of a 'Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads' classic (in my view) exchange between Bob and Terry (probably lost on anyone under 50!). Worth investing a minute and a half to look at. (One or two of us need to lighten up a bit, maybe?)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...0096FA2FBBA50D12ECAA0096FA2FBBA5&&FORM=VRDGAR

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Great stuff: this reminded me of a 'Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads' classic (in my view) exchange between Bob and Terry (probably lost on anyone under 50!). Worth investing a minute and a half to look at. (One or two of us need to lighten up a bit, maybe?)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...0096FA2FBBA50D12ECAA0096FA2FBBA5&&FORM=VRDGAR

Thanks to both of you. Great start to the day.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Didn't think you'd like it much. I imagine for you though it's not the truth that bothers you, you know it to be fact already, more the shock of hearing it.
Night.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would take a lecture on truth and fact from The Clamp ..... sorry Nibble .... sorry The Clamp.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I'm glad you are happy being European but I am happy being British. I don't want to live in a country where anyone from a continent can swan in and have a detrimental effect on schools, hospitals, jobs, rents, wages, GP surgeries etc. I am one of those rare people who openly admit I voted for one reason and that was immigration. The fact that I believe that it will be better for the economy in the long run is just a plus point. I don't feel the need to keep justifying how I feel and I have to admit to not giving it much thought. The only ones who seem to be bothered anymore are the remainers who cannot let it drop. Luckily their only chance is if Cornyn gets in and that is not going to happen (not even worth mentioning the Lib Dems). A lot of people think Rees Mogg is the future prime minister and he is about the only one I would bother voting for. Thanks to the last Labour and conservative governments I suppose I have become right wing. It's not about who I like or dislike but it is more about the shit tip that London has become. It certainly was not like this 15/20 years ago.

Would you refuse treatment in hospital from an immigrant? Would you refuse blood because it might have come from an immigrant? Would you refuse to buy a house because it might have been built by an immigrant? Would you walk out of a restaurant if served by an immigrant? Would you burn in a fire rather than be saved by an immigrant fireman? Would you stop your kids being friends with an immigrant kid? Would you rather pay more for food rather than have it picked by an immigrant? Would you rather the streets were filthy rather than cleaned by an immigrant.

The fact is that without immigrants the NHS would be screwed, schools with immigrants do much better than those without, we have more people in work now than ever before. Basically we rely on immigrants.

Maybe I am biased because my dad's parents were from Slovakia and Poland and my dad served almost thirty years as an officer in the Royal Navy. Which makes me wonder, would you rather not have a military if it includes the children of immigrants?

Have a lovely day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't think anyone in their right mind would take a lecture on truth and fact from The Clamp ..... sorry Nibble .... sorry The Clamp.
Just as well your mob aren't in their right minds then, eh! :)
Perhaps you could just call me Clample, save yourself a bit of time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just as well your mob aren't in their right minds then, eh! :)
Perhaps you could just call me Clample, save yourself a bit of time.

Err ...no, that just sounds ... well .... rude !

D

Deleted member 22389

Would you refuse treatment in hospital from an immigrant? Would you refuse blood because it might have come from an immigrant? Would you refuse to buy a house because it might have been built by an immigrant? Would you walk out of a restaurant if served by an immigrant? Would you burn in a fire rather than be saved by an immigrant fireman? Would you stop your kids being friends with an immigrant kid? Would you rather pay more for food rather than have it picked by an immigrant? Would you rather the streets were filthy rather than cleaned by an immigrant.

The fact is that without immigrants the NHS would be screwed, schools with immigrants do much better than those without, we have more people in work now than ever before. Basically we rely on immigrants.

Maybe I am biased because my dad's parents were from Slovakia and Poland and my dad served almost thirty years as an officer in the Royal Navy. Which makes me wonder, would you rather not have a military if it includes the children of immigrants?

Have a lovely day.

Likewise if we didn't have an extra 5-6 million people in this country we wouldn't need to bring extra people in to run our NHS, because less people would be using it. Nobody is really better off because of migration, all we have done is made this country over populated in areas. No wonder so many londoners sell up and move down this way. My dad was British, my mum came from Italy in 64, a lot different then we had a decent manufacturing Base, the economy and future was a lot different.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Likewise if we didn't have an extra 5-6 million people in this country we wouldn't need to bring extra people in to run our NHS, because less people would be using it. Nobody is really better off because of migration, all we have done is made this country over populated in areas. No wonder so many londoners sell up and move down this way. My dad was British, my mum came from Italy in 64, a lot different then we had a decent manufacturing Base, the economy and future was a lot different.

If we didn't need immigrants then wouldn't the number from countries we can control very easily be falling? Immigrants from outside the EU went up last year.

Outside traveler community do you know the worst performing group in British schools? It is a clue for who contributes most to scoiety.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

blame-a-foreigner-poster-2.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Err ...no, that just sounds ... well .... rude !

Since when have I balked at rude?!
Anyway, just off a night shift so I'm gonna sit on the balcony with a beer and dream of the EU and the glory days of European unity. No doubt I'll check in later.
Enjoy the wedding.
Best,
Clamp/Nibble/and one you'll never figure out in a million years.

D

Deleted member 22389

If we didn't need immigrants then wouldn't the number from countries we can control very easily be falling? Immigrants from outside the EU went up last year.

Outside traveler community do you know the worst performing group in British schools? It is a clue for who contributes most to scoiety.

I'm blaming the system. Governments should have planned years ago for all the extra people we have, instead of creating a feeling and situation where British people can't say a damn thing anymore. Too many people and not enough to go around.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here