Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I'm a real man. Simple things you've done that makes you feel like a god

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
make fires on my land often in the morning from pruning.

chainsawing with no gloves on.

putting all post in the bin without opening it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I helped a little SORT in Sainsbury's the other day as she could not reach a bag of vegetables on a top shelf. Felt WELL GOOD reaching in and giving them to her.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Took up my Victorian wooden floor, repaired the joists, put in the pipe for a new water main, got some reclaimed boards to repair some damaged Ives, relaid / nailed the lot back down, sanded & stained it - no squeaks

I'm an accountant by trade. Kate and Wills popped over to sample my hand crafted cheese board wares just last week (clients), and they were both simply agahst with both my lack of squeak, and genuine sense of ironic parody... oh how we all laughed whilst sharing a glass of chateau le ponce.

Which was nice.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Fixed the flush in my toilet. Had to buy new parts and everything. I'm a proper BLOKE.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
In these snowbound times I popped next door to my 80 year old neighbour to see if she needed anything from the shops. She said she did so I gave her my list. After all no point in both us going out in this weather! ;)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Meade Jr laid his first painfully forced out brown nugget this evening. I stepped to the changing table, wept more with nasal despair than pride, and put the sickening pooball in its place. Mrs Meade thought i couldn't handle it, but she was wrong alright. I can't wait for the next one now. And for nothing to smell like that again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Built a patio. Dug out 12 skips of earth by hand, wheelbarrowed dozens of bags of hardcore, then laid large slate tiles. Got to use a cement mixer and stuff.

MANLY.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
not until the effects had died down but eating a full Carolina Reaper chilli (hottest chilli in the world) Makes a man of ya. :)

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
Recently, stripped down the washing machine and fixed the rubber between door and drum. Got the cooker hood working by taking it apart and changing the fuse. Re-bedded paving stones on entrance step after lifting....and part cracking after driving into them FFS, guess who...

Came home tonight with shopping specifically for them and still got shit. Why you bought that, where we gonna keep them, don't need that....6 dumps in a day spells out a problem to to me, but no, dickie tummy....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re-bedded paving stones on entrance step after lifting....and part cracking after driving into them FFS, guess who...

Came home tonight with shopping specifically for them and still got shit. Why you bought that, where we gonna keep them, don't need that....6 dumps in a day spells out a problem to to me, but no, dickie tummy....

Its english...but not as I know it, Jim.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Stripped the paint off, and sanded, and varnished a Victorian set of 3 doors and wall panelling so it looks like Winston Churchill's library. Took 5 weeks.

Landscaped a garden, planted a lawn by seed, nurtured it and kept it, over the last 25 years, looking as well trimmed and fluffed as Madonna's muff.

I’m impressed that you know what Madonna’s muff looks like. Is it green.? :lolol:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A few years back I drilled through a ceramic tile in our Cloakroom without cracking it, was a triumph but have now retired from such work...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here