Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] All gone sour at Sunderland

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
For some reason Sunderland fans have a huge dislike for West Ham.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
IrishMackem: "Brighton have a far greater net spend than Newcastle since the summer of 2016........"

I think that's unlikely.

Net spend? Ours is about £60m, theirs in -£25m-ish... In fact out net spend in the last transfer window was one of the highest in the UK along with Huddersfield. It's slightly misleading though as we haven't had Premier league-money-enticing players to sell like they have. In fact our net spend in the last two seaons is higher than Newcastle's total net spend since 2002.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Net spend? Ours is about £60m, theirs in -£25m-ish... In fact out net spend in the last transfer window was one of the highest in the UK along with Huddersfield. It's slightly misleading though as we haven't had Premier league-money-enticing players to sell like they have. In fact our net spend in the last two seaons is higher than Newcastle's total net spend since 2002.

How do our wage bills compare though?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A mate of my mine is a big Black Cats fan, £48m out in the summer, £1.2m in says it all. The owners have piled in loads of cash and think have had enough

Think its tough to attract players to the North East, especially if they are foreign, its a rather insular place to live, plus the weather is crap

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hoping Grabban gets injured, if he does they are down. Burton away this weekend is massive for them.

12/1 for relegation at the start of the season was too long.

Coleman has no idea what he's talking about either

Sunderland are "on the edge of a cliff" but "something special awaits", according to new manager Chris Coleman.

The 47-year-old left his position as Wales manager on Friday to take over at the Championship's bottom club who have won only once this season.

"We are rock bottom," Coleman, who will take charge of his first game at Aston Villa on Tuesday, told BBC Newcastle.

"We need to move backwards and find a different direction to walk in. It's as simple as that."

Saturday's 2-2 draw against Millwall saw the Black Cats become the first team in English football history to fail to win in 20 successive home games in all competitions.

They are four points adrift of safety in the Championship, but Coleman is convinced the good times can return to the Stadium of Light.

"It's a great football club," the former Coventry and Fulham boss added.

"It's an opportunity for me to manage a big football club and I wasn't going to pass that up.

"I am under no illusions but I just wanted to be a part of it. I wanted to come here and try to build something and get away from the position we are in.

"I do think there is something special that is waiting to come back to the football club.

"We have to find that magic spice. Someone will do it and if it's not me it will be someone else, but when I was offered the opportunity I thought it would be great if it was me."

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hoping Grabban gets injured, if he does they are down. Burton away this weekend is massive for them.

12/1 for relegation at the start of the season was too long.

Coleman has no idea what he's talking about either

Coleman doesn't really have any track record. Gareth Bale turned drawing or losing positions for him into victories. Unless he finds a Gareth Bale he is not going to have that at Sunderland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here