Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home kit from the club shop

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I came back with the intention of buying one as a Christmas present and one for myself. I left with nothing but £90 in my pocket. The club's loss. Let's not kid ourselves though, whatever the reasons are, nobody will be more angry than Paul Barber.

Also just to add, the new "Autumn/Winter Collection" of casual wear looks like it came straight from Ford Market, AGAIN.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
We didn't have this problem with Errea.

That's not true at all though is it. On several occasions Errea failed to have the kit ready by the start of the season. True, they never seemed to run out and the farce that is currently playing out never happened, but to suggest everything was rosy in the Errea garden is disingenuous.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be fair they should only stock kids sizes. Adults should not wear football shirts.

What a strange thing to say.

I agree that they don’t look good on larger old gits like me, but up until a few years ago, I was still playing regularly and would have looked rather stupid in a kids size shirt!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That didn't have anything to do with the kit manufacturer, it was simply beacause the team wasn't doing so well on the pitch.

I can tell you now, there will be a lot more kids out there who will want a Nike or Adidas kit than one made by a brand thats not cool in the playground.

The previous Nike kit was the best selling of all time I believe, obviously the growing populairty of the club will be a major reason, but I wouldnt play down the impact the Nike brand would make on kits.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
What a strange thing to say.

I agree that they don’t look good on larger old gits like me, but up until a few years ago, I was still playing regularly and would have looked rather stupid in a kids size shirt!

Would that be down to the ill-fitting garment or the quality of your football skills?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's not true at all though is it. On several occasions Errea failed to have the kit ready by the start of the season. True, they never seemed to run out and the farce that is currently playing out never happened, but to suggest everything was rosy in the Errea garden is disingenuous.

It might have come in late in August, but to then go three months without any stock to sell, is very poor.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Any sense and / or decency, and they'd proceed as follows:

1. Do whatever it takes to get the stock issue resolved, so there's shirts to sell before Christmas.
2. Announce that the current shirt* will now be retained for season 2018/19.

*exact specification of shoulder badges to be confirmed in May...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Any sense and / or decency, and they'd proceed as follows:

1. Do whatever it takes to get the stock issue resolved, so there's shirts to sell before Christmas.
2. Announce that the current shirt* will now be retained for season 2018/19.

*exact specification of shoulder badges to be confirmed in May...

I'm glad you added that last sentence. Many people on here seem to think that us retaining our Premier League status for nexrt season is already a given after recent results. I don't. But I guess that's a topic for another thread.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why an you buy other Prem league team shirts in every sports shop up and down the land and a good deal more from the Champ except Brighton’s? What a enormous cock up that still (STILL!) in November our shirt is not for sale. It’s hard not to argue the fake copied argument in the face of such a ridiculous situation. Resupply ought to have been achieved by now.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Blokes wearing football shirts out and about looks abit daft at times, but at football games (especially on tv) I think everyone in the stands with a sea of blue & white (or what ever colour your team wear) gives off a great show of camaraderie and support etc

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Has there been any home kit available since August? Did I blink and miss some stock arriving anytime since then?

Seagulls Direct tells me:

Junior kit: Our next delivery is due Late November - no pre-orders are available at this time.

Adult kit: Our next delivery is due Late November - no pre-orders are available at this time.

My Mrs popped into the club shop about 30 minutes ago and texted me to say there is still no adult home kit in stock,

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Why cant you buy our football shirt in JD Sports for example? After all they sponsor one of our arms! Most over Premier League clubs shirts are available in other sports retailers. If you go on Nike.com you can buy most other teams that have kits made by them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why cant you buy our football shirt in JD Sports for example? After all they sponsor one of our arms! Most over Premier League clubs shirts are available in other sports retailers. If you go on Nike.com you can buy most other teams that have kits made by them.

I think the intention is for the kit to be sold in the shop in Brighton at the very least. Ideally, also other shops across Sussex.

When there is no kit available to be sold, that plan falls flat a little bit I guess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Adults shouldn't give two shits what other people choose to wear.

What if someone has made a mistake with their outfit? Would you just turn your back on a fellow human being?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here